You know that saying: “What, you think this one your Grandfather’s road ah?”
The first time I heard it, I was so surprised because I legit thought that my Grandpa owned it. I even felt proud, because surely not every old man in Singapore owned a road.
I’m the heir to a road, I remember thinking. Hip, hip hurray! I’m RICH.
Before you judge me with a stink-eye, just know that I was barely out of my nappies then. Instead, applaud me on my innate power to use the complicated word ‘heir’ at the tender, young age of 4.
Alright, you can stop now.
Anyways, it seems that I’m not the only individual who took the saying literally. There’s another person in China who did the same too.
He’s not that young.
A Chinese man has been fined RMB 1,000 (S$200), for reportedly redrawing road markings in a venture to make his commute to and from home faster.
According to Sina.com, Cai Zhi Gang, 28, was frequently held up in a traffic jam while taking the bus home.
Instead of sucking his thumb and waiting it out like the other folks, Cai decided to take matters into his own hands.
After all, why wait… if you can fix it?
So he set to work. Armed with white paint and a brush, he drew an additional arrow on the road. This effectively changed the left turning lane at that particular junction to one that also allowed vehicles to go straight.
For some unknown reason, police officers intervened. Hey, what are you guys doing? It’s obviously his grandfather’s road, alright? He’s free to do whatever he wants to it.
But Cai decided not to weigh in with his authority. Instead, he tried to fight it out via the intelligent way.
He told the officers that there were fewer cars on the left turning lane, while the other road lanes were routinely packed.
But the officers didn’t buy it. They said that his actions could actually have “caused collisions between vehicles that were going left and those going straight.”
Hmph. Spoil sports.
Subsequently, Cai was fined, and his arrow was painted over.
Moral of the story
Don’t draw arrows in the middle of the road.
Even if it’s named after your grandfather.
It’s not worth 200 bucks.
Draw on a piece of paper instead. It’s like way cheaper. Just saying.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- M’sia Bus Made an Illegal U-Turn By Cutting Through Road Divider Because Why Not?
- There Could Soon Be Driverless Vehicles On The Roads & And That Worries Me
- This Year’s Orchard Road Light-up Includes an Atas Pasar Malam
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death