By now, most of us would have known about the tragic incident in Ngee Ann City that happened last Sunday (14 July 2019).
After all, it’s uncommon for a person to fall off a few levels within a crowded shopping mall.
The 35-year-old man was found motionless in the mall and later succumbed to his injuries in Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
The police have classified the case as an unnatural death and are currently investigating the incident. Details of why he had fallen or why he was there are still unknown.
However, his identity has been revealed, and it’s US citizen Mr Aman Demoz Solomon.
Worked in Singapore Since February 2018
According to Mr Solomon’s LinkedIn profile, he has been working in Singapore as a general counsel and chief compliance officer for real estate investment management firm CBRE Global Investors Asia-Pacific.
His company has confirmed that he was an employee there, but did not provide further information, saying, “We offer our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family, and out of respect for their privacy, we have no further comments.”
Mr Solomon has graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree with high honours in history, technology and society, and then went to Harvard Law School and graduated in 2008.
He has previously worked in law firms like Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and Davis Polk & Wardwell as an associate.
United States Embassy Confirmed His Death
According to The Straits Times, the US Embassy has confirmed that the man was indeed Mr Solomon. His parents and wife were at the mortuary in Outram Road, and arrangements have been made to repatriate Mr Solomon’s body back to the US.
The US Embassy is also providing consular assistance to Mr Solomon’s family, but declined to add more details.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Everything About The Ku Hye-sun & Ahn Jae-hyun Divorce That Includes Dogs, Nipples & More Dirty Laundry
- SAF Encik Sent To DB & Fired For Keeping Blank Rounds Illegally Cuz He Wanted To Protect His Guys
- #ThirstyThursday: Coca-Cola Frozen Review: Smells & Taste Like Coke But Different
- Daughter Hires Killers To Kill Mother So She Can Get Inheritance To Save Boyfriend
- Girlfriend Stabbed BF After He Called Her ‘Fat’ & They’ve Only Been Together for 20 Days