An award-winning Chinese BBQ restaurant, Meow Barbecue, is coming to Singapore on 24 September 2022 at Bugis+.
The restaurant has received awards for the long queues in China and ranked top 10 for the best BBQ restaurant in China.
They must have heard how Singaporeans are crazy over BBQ. Or maybe cats.
Inspiration Behind Meow Barbecue
You might be wondering, out of all names, why Meow Barbecue?
The founder, Uncle Meow, had a pet cat and admired its gentle regal nature. Cats are also very picky with their taste buds and only eat delicious food.
Do you know that once a cat has recongised that a certain food isn’t palatable, he would remember that for the rest of his life, and would avoid it once he smells it? Yeah, so if you think your five-year-old kid is picky with his food, you’ve not had a pet cat before.
Meow Barbecue was opened in 2012 to serve delicious food and is also a tribute to Uncle Meow’s love for cats.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Since then, there are over 30 outlets across 10 major Chinese cities like Chongqing, Shanghai, Guang Zhou, and Beijing.
Even notable celebrities like Ada Choi, Zhang Jin, and Monica Chan Fat-yung have been spotted dining at Meow Barbecue.
Popular Cat-Themed BBQ Restaurant Coming to Bugis+ from 24 Sept
Thankfully, we don’t have to take a 6-hour flight to China just to get a taste of this popular BBQ restaurant.
Meow Barbecue Bugis+ is their first overseas outlet outside of China. They have a variety of BBQ items crafted in adorable cat elements.
Cat paws can be found around the restaurant and they also use various decorative ornaments in and around the space.
Highlights at Meow Barbecue include Beef chuck Cubes with Onion, Savoury Beef Flank Steak, and Boneless chicken Thigh with Szechuan Peppers.
Other items you can look forward to are the Premium Iberico Pork Belly with Garlic (sliced), Boneless Chicken Thigh with Cheese Dip, and beef Tongue.
If you are a fan of barbecue, this scrumptious spread is something worth gaining weight for.
Meow Barbecue will be located at Bugis+, #01-17,201, Victoria Street, Singapore 188067.
Its opening hours are Sundays – Thursdays, 11 am – 9.30 pm and Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays from 11 am – 1 am.
Do remember, though, that they’ll only be open from 24 September.
- King Charles III Addresses the World for the First Time After Queen Elizabeth II’s Passing
- Bloody Fight in Taman Jurong Coffeeshop Occurred Due to Alleged Molestation
- There Are Now Chilli Shortage in S’pore Due to Poor Weather in M’sia
- Kid from China Allegedly Bullied & Assaulted by Classmates in S’pore for Not Speaking English
- Former Malaysia PM, Abdullah Badawi, Suffering from Dementia & No Longer Recognises His Family Members
Featured Image: Meow BBQ
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee