Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’d probably know that Jack Neo’s latest army movie, Ah Girls Go Army, wasn’t really well-received by everyone.
You can watch our cute blue office cat explaining why that’s happening below:
Previously, we said it could be the minority in Singapore who dislike it; but turns out, Mindef, the folks behind the real army, might just be part of that crowd.
Here’s what you need to know.
MINDEF ‘Roasts’ Ah Girls Go Army by Resharing Its Female BMT Series
On 4 Feb 2022, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) uploaded a trailer to its own series of female soldiers in the SAF.
This video was uploaded shortly after Jack Neo’s movie came out on 1 Feb 2022, and despite impressive numbers, it seems Mindef wants to clear up any misconception about a female recruit’s life in Singapore.
Mindef emphasises that people who check out their video series Into the Fray: The Making of a Female Soldier will get a real look into the life of what women BMT is like.
“What’s women’s BMT like? Watch the real deal here!”
Thus far, the Facebook post has garnered over 20K views and nearly 500 reactions, all within two days.
Into the Fray: The Making of a Female Soldier
The web series, Into the Fray: The Making of a Female Soldier was released back in 2015.
A seven-episode series, with the duration of each episode between seven to nine minutes, the series follows five female recruits on their journey through BMT.
Unlike Jack Neo’s movie, there aren’t many jokes there (which some might think is better than the movie’s cringey ones).
However, NSmen and NSFs out there can probably relate to this series better, since it shows several iconic moments we can all remember fondly.
This includes having blisters on the feet, the rifle-snatching ceremony, the morning and after PT sessions and grenade throwing, among others.
You can watch the entire series, starting with episode 1 here.
Marching Song Has Never Sound So Good
Of course, because we’re Goody Feed and secretly cats typing away at keyboards, we tend to notice irrelevant things.
Everyone who’s been through route marches in the SAF would remember the iconic marching songs we chant during the journey.
And you got to admit, the marching song Training to be Soldiers, which was used as the soundtrack for the trailer, has never sounded so good, no?
Here, you can hear it once more below:
- Ah Girls Go Army Makes $1.15 Million in 3 Days & Could Be The Highest Grossing Movie of the Franchise
- TikToker Who Went Out While COVID-19-Positive Shows Why He’s Not Breaking The Rules
- SAF Has New PT Shoes Again & This Time, They Have Super Fancy Names
Feature Image: YouTube (Ministry of Defence Singapore)
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use