We Singaporeans love our donuts; just take a walk at the basement of every shopping mall and you’d see at least one donut shop.
The most common ones are Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme and J.CO.
These chains have a large fan base overseas before setting up store in Singapore: both Dunkin’ Donuts and Krispy Kreme are from the US, and each have over 1,200 outlets worldwide. J.CO is from Indonesia and it currently has over 275 outlets in Asia.
Suffice to say, should a donut chain set up shop here in Singapore, it’s been proven to be a hit.
And now, one more chain is coming: Mister Donut
Mister Donut Coming to Jurong Point for a Month from 15 July
If you’ve been to Jurong Point, you’d know that right at the basement, there’s a long stretch of eateries that sell just Japanese food.
A new shop is joining them come 15 July: Mister Donut
The highly popular chain, which was originally from the US but is now more associated with Japan (more on that later), has over 5,500 shops worldwide, making it the largest donut chains in the world.
Its specialty is, of course, donuts, but it does sell other items such as muffins, cookies, brownies, pastry, hot and cold drinks, juices and sandwiches.
It’s unknown what would be sold in the Singapore outlet, though.
The stall, however, isn’t a permanent fixture (yet): instead, it’ll be a pop-up stall for a month.
Unlike other donut chains, Mister Donut is also popular for its odd-shaped donuts. I mean, take a look here:
Netizens are asking if they can pre-order, but there hasn’t been any updates. This means you’d need to head to Jurong Point early if not they might be sold out when you’re here.
WAttention Plaza, the name of the stretch of eateries, has just provided a list of what donuts are available:
- Pon De Ring ポン・デ・リング
- Pon De Ring Strawberry ポン・デ・ストロベリー
- French Cruller フレンチクルーラー
- Angel French エンゼルフレンチ
- Old Fashion オールドファッション
- Chocolate Fashion チョコファッション
- Chocolate チョコレート
- Double Chocolate ダブルチョコレート
- Golden Chocolate ゴールデンチョコレート
- Coconut Chocolate ココナツチョコレート
- Honey Dip ハニーディップ
- Sugar Raised シュガーレイズド
- Chocolate Ring チョコリング
- Strawberry Ring ストロベリーリング
- Angel Cream エンゼルクリーム
- Custard Cream カスタードクリーム
Here are a few images to whet your appetite:
Mister Donut is Very Related to Dunkin’ Donuts
While most people associate Dunkin’ Donuts to the US and Mister Donut to Japan, both are actually founded in the US, and by two relatives.
In 1955, Harry Winokur worked with brother-in-law Bill Rosenberg, who founded Mister Donuts.
However, Winokur started Mister Donut after breaking off the partnership with Rosenberg, and both become competitors.
Both expanded rapidly, and were acquired by bigger firms, with Mister Donut expanding more rapidly in Japan while Dunkin’ Donuts in the US.
But alas: through a series of acquisitions, both brands are now under the same parent company now, through the franchisee in each country could be different, of course.
For now, all you need to know is that if you love Dunkin Donuts, you’d love Mister Donuts.
Actually, who doesn’t love donuts?
- Founders of Three Arrows Capital, Zhu Su and Kyle Livingstone Davies, Allegedly Fled Singapore
- Woman in Road Rage Explains Why She Got Aggressive & Why She Tossed the Car Plate
- Dad Made Police Report After a Netizen Posted Video of His Kids Running Atop a Walkway Roof
Featured Image: Facebook (WAttention Plaza)
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant