When the MTF first announced the easing of restrictions for the limit on the number of people dining in, some were disappointed to know it’s for restaurants only.
Coffee shops and hawker centres will have to wait.
The MTF promised that restrictions will be eased for coffee shops and hawker centres only if they can enforce vaccination-differentiation rules.
And well, it seems that more coffee shops and hawker centres might be joining in the fun soon.
10 More Coffee Shops & 1 Hawker Centre Open for 5-People Dining; 20 More Hawker Centres to be Ready Next Week
Today (26 Nov 2021), it was reported that 10 more coffee shops and 1 hawker centre will allow 5 people to dine in.
In total, this makes 12 hawker centres that allow 5 vaccinated individuals to dine-in.
The number of coffee shops able to accommodate groups of up to five for dine-in has increased from seven to 17.
The full list can be found at the end of the article.
Entry and vaccination checks have been put into place at these premises.
Working To Get More On Board
According to Senior Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment, Amy Khor, her ministry is hard at work trying to get more coffee shops and hawker centres eligible for the 5-pax dine-in scheme.
They are working closely with hawkers’ associations, town councils and NEA-appointed operators to do so.
It was further added that on 29 Nov 2021, another 20 hawker centres will allow 5 vaccinated individuals to dine within.
However, she emphasised, coffee shop operators must do their part too:
“I also hope to see more coffee shop operators put in place the required measures, so that groups of up to five fully vaccinated persons can dine in at their premises.”
Currently, vaccinated individuals, or those who are allowed to dine-in at hawker centres, will be given a sticker identifying them.
To be eligible to accommodate up to five-pax groups, coffee shops and hawker centres must be able to control access to their premises and have dedicated entry points.
At entry points, the operators must be able to check the vaccination status of customers and differentiate between the dine-in customers (those with stickers) and those who are getting takeaways (without stickers).
List Of Places You Can Dine At
- Bedok Food Centre
- Beo Crescent Market
- Geylang Serai Market
- Holland Village Market & Food Centre
- Market Street Interim Food Centre
- Sembawang Hills Food Centre
- Tiong Bahru Market
- Kampung Admiralty Hawker Centre
- Ci Yuan Hawker Centre
- Hawker [email protected] Tampines Hub
- Pasir Ris Central Hawker Centre
- Block 137 Tampines Street 11
- Goodyear Restaurant Enterprise at 15 Tampines Avenue
- Qi Xiang at Upper Serangoon Road
- B4R! at 362 Tanjong Katong Road
- The Patio at Sembawang Road
- Satay By The Bay at 18 Marina Gardens Drive
- Makansutra Gluttons Bay at 8 Raffles Avenue
- Essen @ The Pinnacle at 1 Cantonment Road
- Chuan Kee F&B at 1091A Lower Delta Road
- Hunger House at 9 Tagore Lane
- Koufu at 662D Punggol Central
- Brunners Coffeeshop at 228 East Coast Road
- Tong Kian Eating House at 37 Teban Gardens Road
- Saffrons at 201D Tampines Street 21
- Hoki 150 at Block 150 Bishan Street 11
- Kian Seng Seafood Restaurant at 4013 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- Bangkok Street Mookata at Block 421 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10
- Chilli Padi Nonya Catering at 2 Changi Business Park Crescent.
- It Turns Out That Many Bus Tickets for Land VTL Are Still Available
- GF of Guy Who Died in Tanjong Pagar Crash, Raybe Oh Siew Huey, Back in Hospital for Surgery; Thanked Everyone for the Kind Messages
- Police Investigating 2 People for Flooding Hotlines; Iris Koh Said She’s Been Investigated
Feature Image: Facebook (Amy Khor)
Have you decided on which country to go to for your year-end vacation? Don’t decide first. Here’s why: