I think it’s pretty safe to say that one of the worst feelings on earth is realising that there’s no toilet near you when you need one.
But you know what’s probably worse? Finding a toilet and heaving a sigh of relief, only to realise that it’s closed.
If you don’t want to be caught like that on your next trip out, you’ve come to the right place to learn more.
30 MRT Toilets to be Closed for About 2.5 Months
As part of the efforts by the Land Transport Authority (LTA), toilets at 30 MRT stations will be closed for approximately 2.5 months for refurbishing.
The entire scheme will take place from 18 February to the third quarter of 2024, so it’s probably expected that other renovation works of some sort will take place after the 2.5-month renovation period as well.
Additionally, LTA also mentioned that the renovation works for the toilets include equipping them with anti-slip tiles, energy-efficient lighting and water-saving taps.
And, oh, better ventilation, which is always important in a toilet.
MRT Stations Affected
The 30 MRT stations that will be affected are:
- Jurong East
- Bukit Batok
- Bukit Gombak
- Yew Tee
- Yio Chu Kang
- Dhoby Ghaut
- City Hall
- Raffles Place
- Tanjong Pagar
- Boon Lay
- Joo Koon
- Paya Lebar
However, there should still be toilets nearby, and signs directing you to them will be put up in the stations, so don’t panic if you find yourself in a… less-than-ideal situation.
Okay, and I’m not sure who even uses MRT toilets unless you’re desperate, but hopefully, after the refurbishing, they’ll be much more pleasant to use!
This sentiment was also echoed by many users who commented on the Facebook post, with most of them emphasising that renovating the toilets has been a long-overdue scheme.
Of course, in true Singaporean fashion, some people also asked why other specific MRT stations weren’t included in the list.
Relax lah, you’ll probably get your turn soon, eh?
- NTUC FairPrice Will Now Check Scales Daily After Viral Videos of Wrong Weight Labels
- Mum Couldn’t Recognise Her Daughter Who Returned to M’sia After 735 Days in S’pore
- Former WP MP Now Fears That People Might Not Join the Opposition Now
- Workers’ Party Responds to COP Final Report; Expresses ‘Grave Concern’ for 2 WP Leaders
- There’s Technically No Need for a By-Election if 2 WP Members Lose Their Seats in the Same GRC
Featured Image: Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Apple Claims Some Apps Like Instagram Are Causing iPhone 15 to Overheat
- This Halloween, 1 of the Most Popular Costume is a Barbie-Themed Costume
- Study Shows Drinking 2 Cups of Coffee a Day May Reduce Risk of Parkinson’s Disease by 8 Times
- Bukit Panjang Char Kway Teow Stall Explains Why There’s a $0.50 Charge for Removing Beansprouts
- 5 Facts About Angela Lee, Who’s Retiring from MMA
- ICA Responds to Allegations That Congestions in SG-JB Checkpoints Are Caused by Singapore