From 25th to 27th Oct, Malaysia’s King, Sultan Abdullah Ahmad Shah, made a three-day state visit to Singapore at the invitation of President Halimah Yacob.
On 26th Oct the King and his wife were welcomed through a ceremonial welcome at the Istana, where President Halimah treated them to a state banquet later in the evening.
This visit was meant to happen in September. However, the visit was postponed due to both parties attending Queen Elizabeth’s State Funeral.
Visited Pasir Ris Camp
During his visit, the King visited Pasir Ris Camp, which is the home of the Elite Commandos, where he was hosted by Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen.
The Commandos provided an insight for the King into what Singapore’s counter-terrorism capabilities look like with a counter-terrorism display that was constructed by their Special Operation Task Force.
In his Facebook post, Dr Ng mentioned that the visit to the camp ended on a “high note, literally” as the duo boarded the CH-47F Chinook helicopter, where they were given a tour of Singapore and the Johor southern coastline.
Made a Trip to Newater
Prior to his visit to Pasir Ris Camp, the King made a trip down to Newater Visitor Centre, which is located at Changi.
He was welcomed by Minster for Sustainability and Environment, Ms Grace Fu, who gave him a tour of the facilities that Newater use for water treatment.
During her speech, Ms Fu said: “Water security, or insecurity, is a common challenge that affects both of us. We look forward to working closely with our Malaysian counterparts to achieve water security and adaption to climate change, such as coastal and flood protection.”
Reaffirmed Bilateral Ties
In a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, they state that the King’s visit saw both sides solidify the excellent state of bilateral ties, which are rooted in cooperation in areas such as infrastructure and education, as well as extensive people-to-people ties.
During the visit, the King also engaged in a discussion on how to improve cooperation, especially for sectors such as digitalisation and climate change, both of which are emerging sectors.
- Mister Singapore Costume Slammed for Looking Like He’s Wearing NS PT Shorts & Combat Boots
- 26YO Woman Who Got Her Dad to Take the Rap for a Traffic Incident Charged
- Man Loses 10kg After Wife Promises a PlayStation 5 if He Can Lose the Weight in 4 Months
- Everything About Yuu, a Rewards Programme That You Can Earn Points In Large Chains in S’pore
- Man Could Face Jailtime for Not Giving His Pet Cat Enough Food & Water, Causing Its Death
Featured Image: Facebook (Ng Eng Hen)
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant