Everyone goes through a rebellious phase at least once.
Staying out late, sneaking out to hang out with friends, lying about your whereabouts so your parents don’t pester you.
It’s one of the peak moments of a teenager’s life but not everyone likes that lifestyle.
Especially not parents.
And one mom hated it so much that she stabbed her 15-year-old daughter’s thigh to stop her from going out so often.
Yes. A 15-year-old.
On 20 June, the teen daughter was getting ready go to bed when her 40-year-old mother started to scold her.
The mom had apparently been drinking beforehand and was displeased that her child kept staying out.
She even turned to her 21-year-old older daughter and asked her if her teen child should be killed.
Fearing the parent, the older daughter remained silent.
I guess the mom took the no reply as a yes as she headed towards the kitchen and grabbed a knife before going to the teen’s room.
I think you can tell where this is going.
The teen daughter tried to fight back, which resulted in a cut on her right arm but her efforts went to waste as she was stabbed in her right thigh.
Upon seeing the blood, she tried to stop the bleeding by tying a shirt around her thigh. The mom, on the other hand, told her to clean up the mess by herself before heading back to the kitchen, most likely to return the knife.
Fearing her safety, the teen limped to her older sister’s room to hide, leaving the bloody mess behind. The mother was furious, of course, and started shouting at her for not doing what she was told.
So the teen made her way back to her room and tried to clean up the mess but instead of helping, the mom proceeded to hit her with a metal ladle till it was bent out of shape.
She didn’t stop despite the cries of pain from her daughter; in fact, she only paused to bend the ladle back into shape before continuing to wack her.
Thankfully, someone outside their flat heard the noises and alerted the police at around 1.50am.
But it was for naught.
Try to Hide from Police
The mom told the child to hide in the bathroom while she lied to the police that she was merely just talking loudly with her older daughter. When they questioned the older daughter, she lied and told them that everything was fine.
After they left, the mother continued to hit the teen child with an electric fan and two more floorball sticks.
At around 3.20am, the alcohol in the mother must’ve worn off as she called the police and came clean about what she had just done.
The teenage daughter was sent to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) and stayed there from 20 June to 1 July 2022. She is currently under the care of her maternal aunt.
The parent is set to be sentenced on 4 January 2023.
For using a weapon to voluntarily cause hurt to another person, an offender can be jailed for up to seven years or fined, or both.
- Pedestrians Slipped & Fell After Lorry Apparently Spilled Wet Paint on Changi Road
- New Office & Retail Development to be Build Beside Punggol MRT Station
- Anwar Cancels Order for New Mercs Made by Previous PM
- Dasmond Koh Explains Why He’s Not ‘Milking’ Aloysius Pang for the Latest Movie
Featured Image: Shutterstock / SOMKID THONGDEE
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia