We all know China is easing up on its COVID restrictions. They can now travel abroad after years of being cooped up on the mainland.
So, what does this mean for Singapore?
MOH: No Change in Any Restrictions for Travellers from China
While there will be a foreseeable surge in COVID cases, Singapore has not taken the US’s line of action.
On Wednesday (28 December), the Ministry of Health (MOH) said there would be no change to Singapore’s COVID-19 rules for those travelling from China to Singapore.
“At this juncture, the prevailing border measures and vaccination requirements for travellers and work pass holders arriving from China remain unchanged,” they said.
Adding on, MOH said Singapore requires travellers who are not fully vaccinated, based on World Health Organization’s definition, to undergo pre-departure tests.
Currently, travellers coming into Singapore have to submit an arrival card and health declaration stating that they are COVID-free, eliminating the need for pre-arrival COVID tests.
Hopefully, we don’t suffer badly from China’s opening.
Ong Ye Kung Urges Us to Get the Bivalent Shot
As China eases its restrictions, the concentrated pool of 1.3 billion fidgety people sick of staying home will begin to tsunami outwards to other nations.
In other words, things are about to change.
Health Minister Ong Ye Kung urges us to get the bivalent vaccination shot.
But if we already have the COVID vax shot, won’t we be protected?
While the above is true, Mr Ong established the risks of mutations as China opens up. In other words, we might have protection against virus A, but China’s virus B, virus C, and others can still penetrate our defences.
Wait, what’s the difference between the normal jab and the bivalent one?
When a vaccine is “bivalent”, it means that the vaccine stimulates an immune response against two different antigens. The bivalent COVID-19 vaccines include a component of the original virus strain to provide broad protection against COVID-19 and a component to provide better protection against COVID-19 caused by the omicron variant.
Essentially, better lor.
- Jayley Woo Has Officially Registered Her Marriage While 35 Weeks Pregnant
- Cheap Durian Prices Might Now End As Demand From China Increases Due to Their Reopening
- Prosperity Burger to be Back at McDonald’s Tomorrow (29 Dec)
- After ABC Brickworks Food Centre Changed to New Energy-Saving Lights, It Looks Very Dark
- The US Might Set COVID-19 Restrictions for Travellers from China
Featured Image: kandl stock/ Shutterstock + MOH
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake