Just last week, Shrey Bhargava went for the Ah Boys To Men 4 audition and left feeling extremely pissed because he was asked to act as a ‘full blown Indian man’.
This news garnered the attention of many artistes and online personalities, mainly blogger Xia Xue as well as the opinion of an ABTM actor, Maxi Lim. Both were unhappy about Shrey’s Facebook post, and also decided to give their two cents’ worth.
In an article by Today Online, Shrey Bhargava was called down to the police station over reports lodged concerning him. The police mostly questioned Shrey regarding the intention behind the Facebook post, and also regarding the police reports made against him.
The police assured Shrey that he has done nothing wrong and to be cautious about what he posts online as people may misinterpret his intentions. Shrey has this to say: “The Investigation Officer and I agreed that I am absolutely against racial violence of any sort and, instead, was only seeking a healthy and productive discussion for the betterment of Singapore’s media landscape and society. Specifically, I wanted Singaporeans to engage in dialogue regarding the inclusion of minorities in the media, as well as to tackle the issue of casual racism in order to create a more inclusive and harmonious Singapore”
When approached by the media, J Team clarified that the director was imply testing Shrey on his ‘versatility’ when he was asked to perform as a ‘full blown Indian man’. However, Shrey clarified that this was not what happened during the auditions.
“This is not true. I was asked to do the scene only twice. The first time I did without direction. The second time, I did after being given the direction ‘be more Indian’ and to do it again as a ‘full-blown Indian man’… The J Team’s statement has misrepresented the facts… It has painted me in a damaging and deceptive light. It seems as though I over-reacted, or worse, that I lied.”
Ever since 30 May 2017, 6:00 a.m., Shrey has been quiet on his Facebook profile, which he has used previously to make his point by posting more than ten posts (some links and some status updates) in less than four days.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured Image: Facebook (Ah Boys to Men)
- 9 Best-est Indian Restaurants in S’pore For That Prata Craving
- 9 Indian rojak in S’pore that are so good, you’ll ignore the calories completely
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024