My grandma used to tell me that no matter how lazy I am, I still have to climb out of my bed for food.
Well, yeah. That was way before smartphones became a thing.
With self-driving cars becoming a reality these days, it’s not too far fetched to think that everything inside your home will become automatic sooner or later, right?
And now, I’m one step closer to my dream of staying in bed for the entire day (except when going to the toilet, duh).
Panasonic is experimenting with a self-driving fridge at the moment. Yeap, a self-driving fridge.
No, it’s not a fridge that goes shopping for you. What were you thinking?
It’s a fridge. That comes to you. When you call it.
It’s the ultimate gift for a lazy person, FYI.
As you can see from the image above, the fridge’s name is “Ku”. It uses LIDAR and depth sensors to navigate around your home safely.
In case you have no idea what LIDAR is, it’s the same technology used by Google’s self-driving car.
As seen on Businessinsider, Ku is capable of maneuvering around unexpected obstacles like pets and children. I guess it’s kinda like how self-driving cars avoid people, eh?
Oops, wrong video. But hey, please just pretend that I posted the right video (coz I’m lazy like that).
Anyway, remember when I said that the fridge comes to you when you call it? The fridge is voice activated, capable of going anywhere you want it to. Once you’re done with it, Ku will return to its cubby to await further orders.
(D’aww, it’s like a puppy)
I can already imagine myself buying one and be like:
“Ku, come to my bed. I need my Doritos and mountain dew.”
Oh boy, that’s like a dream come true.
Lazy people’s dreams aside, Panasonic has also said that Ku could prove useful for people with disabilities.
As of now, Ku is just a prototype. However, Panasonic says it could be available in 5 to 6 years’ time.
Oh well, I guess good things are worth the wait. Let’s hope I’m no longer a hopeless piece of lard by then.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- There Could Soon Be Driverless Vehicles On The Roads… And That Worries Me
- Lai Liao: Driverless Buses to Be in Punggol, Tengah & Jurong Innovation District in 2022
- A Real Look At How Driverless Technology Will Affect S’pore Workers
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: businessinsider.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death