It’s one thing to know where your food comes from, and it’s another to be in constant denial when people working at the restaurant tell you about the ingredients used.
Well, one man in Singapore definitely belongs to the second group after an incident that took place yesterday (23 March).
If you’re a fan of duck rice, you’ve probably heard of Tung Lok.
And maybe you’ve seen this post:
View this post on Instagram
In the post, Tung Lok Group detailed an encounter they had with a peculiar customer at their Duckland outlet at PLQ Mall, who ordered half a Roast Irish Duck when he went into the restaurant alone.
Also, FYI, Duckland is a “specialty restaurant serving ducks shipped direct from Ireland” as mentioned by Tung Lok. All their ducks are “prepared using Irish ducks from Ireland’s Silver Hill Farm”.
Sounds normal enough, no?
You can see what happened next here.
View this post on Instagram
When he was served with his food, the man “took a quick look at it” before asking for the service staff. He then told the staff that what he was served was not an Irish Duck.
I don’t know man, maybe the duck talked to him in an American accent. Maybe that’s what gave it away.
Even though the service staff confirmed that it was an Irish Duck, the man was still not appeased and took his case to the manager.
After the manager told him the same thing, he decided to leave the restaurant a few minutes later without paying for his meal.
Just FYI, half an Irish Roasted Duck costs $35 at the restaurant.
The company also emphasised that the “restaurant staff remained patient and professional throughout the entire unfortunate incident.”
After the incident, the staff had no choice but to throw the uneaten half-duck away. The caption also revealed the company’s annoyance at the food waste that occurred.
“We are irked that half a duck has gone to waste, and consider this an outright sabotage,” they remarked.
They also explained that they were making their experience public “as a warning to fellow restaurants and business owners to keep a lookout for this person.”
The caption then ended with the company noting that they will be making a police report due to the fact that the man left the restaurant premises without paying for his food.
- Woman Who Lost Child in NUH Saga Gave Her Side of the Story
- 4 Must-Know Things from PM Lee’s Address to the Nation Whereby Masks Are Finally Optional
- M’sia Actor Zul Ariffin to be Investigated After Posting Teaser of His New Drama
- Crazy Rich Asians Sequel Confirmed After Pay Dispute Was Settled
- Someone Left a Tote Bag in NUS UTown & NUS UTown Cat Has Since Claimed It as a Pillow
Featured Image: Instagram (@tunglokgroup)
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue