Ever since the first case of firefighters saving cats from burning flats, more cases have popped up.
This time round, firefighters had to give two cats oxygen after rescuing them from a burning kitchen.
Infant Escaped Before SCDF Arrived, Officers Saved Two Cats
All the cats typing away at Goody Feed now sleep peacefully at night, knowing that if anything ever happens to our office, the firefighters will save us.
At about 7:50am on 13 June, a fire started in the kitchen of a fifth-storey unit in Jurong East Street 32, Block 310.
Two people and an infant, presumably the family living in that unit, had escaped the house before the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) firefighters had arrived.
These firefighters from Jurong Fire Station extinguished the fire using a water jet and a compressed air foam backpack. They then found two cats conscious in the home, and gave oxygen to the cats.
BTW, the firefighters were trained as emergency medical technicians too.
As a precautionary measure, the infant was taken to the National University Hospital.
Member of Public Tried To Put Fire Out Using Extinguisher
Before the firefighters arrived, a member of the public had tried to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher.
SCDF said that they will be reaching out to the person, to commend them for their quick thinking and prompt action in trying to put out the fire.
The cause of the fire, which was contained to the kitchen, is still under investigation.
- 130 Tampines HDB Blocks to be Painted With ‘Cool Paint’ That’ll Reduce Temperature by 2°C
- Netflix Provides Details of Squid Game Season 2, Saying That Gong Yoo Will be Back
- Entire Ceiling in HDB Room Collapsed After Renovation, Narrowly Missing a Baby’s Crib
- Everything About the New HPB Guidelines on Physical Activities for S’poreans
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Civil Defence Force)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia