It has been what, 5 years since I have graduated from poly—the best years of my life.
Before I take a walk down the nearby memory lane, let’s get to the topic at hand.
This is important news, especially to those who are planning to head to poly or ITE.
Tuition fees will increase between 1.2% to 8% at the aforementioned institutions next year, the Straits Times reported.
This only applies to the new batch of students joining the institutions in the 2018 academic year.
Polytechnic’s annual tuition fee for 2018
Singaporean citizens will pay an annual tuition fee of $2,800, a $100 increase from yesteryear.
For PRs, the tuition fees will go up from $5400 to $5600 and international students will have to pay $10000 annually.
ITE school fees for 2018
For full-time Nitec courses, Singaporean citizens will have to pay $406 ($20 more than this year) whereas PRs will pay $5,023 ($304 more than this year) and international students will have to pay a steep payment of $13,482, Channel NewsAsia reported.
Tuition fees remain the same for higher Nitec courses.
Tuition fees for tertiary institutes have seen a steady rise in school fees
A spokesman for the polytechnics and ITE said the fees are reviewed annually and “adjusted if necessary to meet the rising cost of quality education”.
“Where possible, it is preferable to have regular, but small, fee increases than a significant hike in any one year,” the spokesman added.
As you can tell, it is heavily subsidised for Singaporeans and students can also apply for various financial aids such as scholarships, loans and bursaries.
Good luck to those who are eagerly waiting for their “O” Level results!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Ultimate Guide to the Best Food in S’pore’s Uni and Poly Campuses
- Poly VS JC: Which is better? Here’s What You Got to Know
- 8 Things Every Poly Student Should Know Before Getting A Part-Time Job
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: TODAY
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023