The Serangoon coffee shop fire that went viral on TikTok at 1.30am at Serangoon Central has gone through preliminary investigations, and has been found to originate from a Mala stall.
A fire broke out in the early morning of 14th May at the Lok Lok Mala stall, causing a kitchen exhaust duct to burst into flame, explaining the blazing inferno in the viral TikTok video.
@shanicelsh Fire incident at Serangoon, honestly quite scary to witness it. #sgnews #newssg #singapore #sgtiktok #fyp #foryou #fyp #foryoupage #firesg #sginclusive ♬ Oh No (Instrumental) – Kreepa
Thankfully, despite the huge fire, only one of the chefs was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Despite the huge hullabaloo, the employees that arrived at the stall the next morning were still unaware of the incident in the wee morning, as the employees doing the night shift did not inform them of what had happened.
Talk about a communication gap.
However, the mala stall in question has already released a statement about the matter, reassuring patrons that no one was seriously injured, and that they will be back soon to serve them better.
The same TikTok user that uploaded the first clip that went viral also posted an update, where rubble and ashes can be seen – and notably, a completely scorched exhaust duct.
@shanicelsh Reply to @champagneayd ♬ Oh No – Kreepa
- FIFA 2023 Will be the Last Game to Bear the Iconic FIFA Name; Here’s Why
- Man Allegedly Assaulted ‘Coz He Was Slow While Using the ATM at Geylang
- S’pore in Emergency Phase for Dengue As Cases Have Spiked & it’s Not the Dengue Season Yet
Featured Image: TikTok (@shanicelsh)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death