Another fire broke out this month.
On Saturday (14 May), a huge fire broke out at a coffee shop located in Serangoon.
According to MSNews, the fire spread upwards to the fourth floor at the block where the coffee shop was located at due to the kitchen exhaust ducting (KED).
Footage of the fire and its damage were captured by a TikTok user, shanicelsh, during the wee hours of the morning.
@shanicelsh Fire incident at Serangoon, honestly quite scary to witness it. #sgnews #newssg #singapore #sgtiktok #fyp #foryou #fyp #foryoupage #firesg #sginclusive ♬ Oh No (Instrumental) – Kreepa
In her video, the vertical column of fire that stretches up to the fourth floor could be seen. As the fire raged on, flaming debris was also seen on the ground.
The user said “it was honestly quite scary” to see the fire happen as they woke up to flames and smoke, and it was located extremely close to their unit.
According to the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), the fire broke out around 1:20 am in the morning at 261 Serangoon Central Drive.
The fire involved the KED of a coffee shop located on the ground floor of the affected block.
What is KED
The KED is known as the kitchen exhaust ducting as mentioned earlier.
These are the prominent silver pipes that you’d often see at the back of coffee shops, located on the sides of the block which are connected to the kitchens operating inside the coffee shop.
The fire was put out eventually by the SCDF officers with a water jet.
During the fire, one person was conveyed to the hospital for smoke inhalation while twenty over people had evacuated on their own before the SCDF officers’ arrival.
The person conveyed to the hospital is allegedly a mala store owner at the affected coffeeshop.
As of now, the cause of the fire is under investigation.
The SCDF also took the chance to address the public on methods that should be used to prevent future fire incidents like this.
This includes not leaving the cooking unattended and cleaning the KEDs by maintaining them at least once a year.
- S’porean Claims Taxi Driver Tried to ‘Kill’ Him in His Airbnb Home in Bali
- Seoul Garden Resuming Self-Serving Buffet from 19 May; Lunch Starts from $19.90 for Adults
- Passers-By Saved Boy from Attempted Kidnapping in Johor In Broad Daylight
- PM Lee: Cabinet Reshuffle Will Most Likely Occur Next Month
- Xiang Yun Went from S to XL In 2 Years; Hopes Audience Accept her Change
Featured Image: TikTok (@shanicelsh) & Google Maps
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore