Wang Huihui, a hardworking mother who worked at two jobs to raise her children, passed away on 15 July due to a brain aneurysm.
A few days before her demise, she suddenly came down with a fever and headache after she got home from work. The next morning, she started throwing up and fainted at home, thus sinking into unconsciousness.
Two days later, it was declared that she could not be treated.
The Circumstances Leading Up to Her Demise
Wang Huihui was a single mother. While she was still alive, she maintained a full-time administrative job, and she would work as a part-time assistant at a bar three times a week. On some days, she would only return home at 1am in the morning.
Her 21-year-old daughter, Ke Yuling, told Shin Min Daily News reporters that her mother returned home from work last Tuesday (12 Jul) feeling feverish and uncomfortable. She took some medication on her own and the fever subsided.
At around 1am the next day, Ms Wang told her friend that her head was aching, but the rest of her family had already fallen asleep.
Brain Aneurysm Confirmed
Around 3am in the morning, Ms Wang could no longer tolerate the pain in her neck, so she got out of bed to get some ice to alleviate the pain.
She started to puke at around 5am and fainted not long after.
Ke Yuling recounted that the entire family was shocked awake after their mother fell unconscious, and they quickly grabbed the phone to call an ambulance.
Since Ms Ke was trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) during her polytechnic days, she tried to rescue her mother before the ambulance arrived.
Unfortunately, Ms Wang was unable to wake up after being sent to the hospital.
She passed away in the hospital last Friday (15 Jul), and the last send-off for her funeral took place on Wednesday (20 Jul).
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Ms Ke mentioned that she has a brother that’s two years older than her, and a younger twin sister.
Her parents divorced shortly after their birth. Her mother had always worked hard to raise the three children into adulthood, and she’s responsible for taking care of their grandparents at home as well.
“She was a good mother who sacrificed herself and cared and loved her family. She never complained about anything in front of us.”
What is Brain Aneurysm?
A brain aneurysm is a bulge or ballooning in a blood vessel in the brain, which could cause bleeding in the brain if it leaks or ruptures.
That would lead to a hemorrhagic stroke, which is potentially life threatening and needs immediate medical attention. This is because without the oxygen carried by the blood, brain cells can die quickly.
The causes of most brain aneurysm are unknown, but it is more common in women than in men, and risk factors include older people, smokers, people with high blood pressure and people who drink a lot.
Sometimes, it can be caused after a head injury.
- Mum & Son in Road Rage Incident Back in S’pore & Haven’t Been Charged
- Woman Bites into Glass Shard Inside a Donut from Dunkin’ Donuts Bought in AMK
- Elderly Couple Got Married at HDB Lift Lobby After Dating for 40 Years
- Everything About the Heatwave All Over the World & Whether S’pore is Affected Or Not
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News 新明日报
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s Why You’re Seeing More of These Pillars in Front of Escalators in Singapore
- 4-Room HDB Flat Has Just Been Resold for $1.41 Million, Setting New PSF Record
- Buangkok Hawker Centre to Open on 30 Nov With All Stalls Having an Affordable Option
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast
- Rat Infestation Found in Ceiling Areas After Authorities Investigated Viral Video of Rat Twitching in Food Tray at Tangs Market
- Here’s Why LTA Made a U-Turn on Decision to Discontinue Bus Service 167
- Everything About the Chinese Beggars Saga, Who Are Reportedly Not Victims of Human Trafficking
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day