Why couldn’t we have this a few years ago?
I could only lament at this while I read through the article.
Back when I was schooling, I had to travel to Bukit Timah every morning. And hey, you know how bad the morning traffic is at Bukit Timah!
Hence, in an attempt to replenish some energy (sigh, student life), I’ll take a nap on the bus. Every so often, I’ll wake up and find myself right beside the Botanic Gardens (OVERSHOT!).
Anyway, Google Maps is now adding an additional feature to their already convenient app. A push notification will be sent when the user is approaching his/her destination.
“It’s much easier for mass transit travellers to doze off or get distracted and miss their intended stop. Now, you’ll get a notification that’ll make staying on the train or bus too long less likely,” reported The Verge.
For people who tend to lose track of time (Like me) during a bus or train ride, this addition is great news.
Geez, all the time wasted travelling back to school could’ve been avoided if this function was available back then!
Well, I could set an alarm for an approximate arrival timing. Like, I’ll set for 7 am if I usually arrive at the school’s bus stop at 7.10 am. However, there’s nothing preventing me from falling asleep in this 10 minutes anyway.
Anyway, back to the app.
All you have to do is to log into your Google Maps and key in your destination. Afterwards, select the directions for your trip and choose the route you wish to take to access the new feature.
For those of you who love to travel but is horrible at reading a map, this new feature would be a great addon to have. Now, you won’t have to worry about losing your way while onboard a foreign bus.
Now, time to test out this new feature during my next backpacking trip!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Okay, It’s Confirmed: Google Assistant Now is Singlish Certified. Thankew Arh, Google.
- Kid Stood on Car…When It’s Travelling on an Expressway
- For $2K, You Can Travel in Every Long Weekend in 2018 with a JetStar Package
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Google Maps
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death