If you are a fan of the series “So You Think You Can Dance” or the globally renowned The Ellen DeGeneres Show, you might be familiar with the late Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss.
It was announced on 13 Dec that Stephen Boss passed away in his hotel room from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 40.
Wife Confirms Death
In a statement to PEOPLE, Boss’s wife, Allison Holker Boss, confirmed his death.
“It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to share that my husband Stephen has left us”
“Stephen lit up every room he stepped into. He valued family, friends and community above all else and leading with love and light was everything to him. He was the backbone of our family, the best husband and father, and an inspiration to his fans.”
She goes on further to add that Boss was a loving partner and a good husband and was loved by both his friends and family.
Found Dead in a Hotel room
Law enforcers mentioned to TMZ that Holker rushed into the police department frantically on 13 Dec as she realised that something was amiss when Boss left the house without his vehicle.
In the late morning, the police received a call for medical assistance at Oak Tree Inn in Encino, California, which is a 14-minute walk from the couple’s home.
Upon investigation, the person that required medical assistance was identified as Boss and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a medical report by The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner, Boss’s death was ruled as a suicide as there were “no signs of foul play”.
The case has been officially closed.
According to sources that talked to TMZ, the staff mentioned that Boss checked in to the motel on 12 Dec and did not seem to be upset.
The source also mentions that the motel staff did not hear the gunshot due to the motel’s U-shaped layout.
Rose to Fame in 2008
Boss rose to fame in 2008 when he participated in the series So You Think You Can Dance, where he would eventually become the runners-up for that season.
After a few years from the show, Boss returned to So You Think You Can Dance as an all-star guest in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
He then disappeared from the show for a few years before returning as a judge on the series in 2018 and 2022.
Other than being famous for being on So You Think You Can Dance, Boss was also very well known as a DJ on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, in which he made a special appearance in 2014.
He would later go on to become a permanent fixture and the show’s co-executive producer until the talk show’s finale in 2022.
Ellen DeGeneres Pens Tribute
In Ellen DeGeneres’ latest Facebook post, she wrote a small tribute to her co-host, using the description “pure love and light”.
She goes on to mention that she has always treated him like family and that she loved him with all his heart.
Netizens also flocked to the comment sections of the post to pay their tribute, with many citing the importance of mental health in this day and age.
If you are in need of help or know of anyone who does, please contact the Singapore Association of Mental Health’s Counselling Hotline at 1800 283 7019 (toll-free).
- Watsons Responds After Workers Claimed They Don’t Allow Cashiers to Sit Down
- 10 Facts About The World Cup Final Between France & Argentina You Should Know Before Watching It
- Driver of Car That Crashed into a Lok Lok Shop in Geylang Was Allegedly Drink Driving
- No One Responded After STB Asked for Proposal to Develop Jurong Lake District into Tourism Development
- Hwa Chong Lady Given Stern Warning for Her Actions Partly Due to Delusional Disorder
Featured Image: Shutterstock (Ga Fullner) & Facebook (Ellen DeGeneres)
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023