Being a vegan these days can still be a challenge, I would know since I have been an on-again-off-again vegan for many years.
If you’re out with your friends at a meat-centric establishment, you’re pretty much screwed.
Be prepared to pay $10 or more for a sad salad that is doused in a creamy dressing which might contain egg or dairy.
Well, just be happy you are served with a medley of vegetables coz’ someone else paid $5 for a packet of plain fried white rice.
On Dec 23, Stomper Anna was at Sun Plaza’s Kopitiam for dinner.
She then went up to a stall and asked if there was a vegan (without meat and egg) option for their fried rice.
“The food server said yes and charged me $5,” she said.
She must be pretty happy, I mean finding a vegan option in Kopitiam is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Though the latter seems more realistic.
So, she requested for “vegan fried rice” and this is what she got:
A massive ball of plain fried white rice.
In the hawker’s defence, it is considered vegan.
But come on, add some vegetables to it lah.
$5 FOR PLAIN RICE.
The saddest fried rice ever.
“Not only is the food server’s attitude extremely rude, he never informed that my fried rice would look like this,” she said.
She also said: “Furthermore, the stall could have declined to cook the vegan fried rice if they did know how to make it. The service attitude of the staff is abhorrent and he needs to be educated on basic nutritional needs.”
Unfortunately, netizens did not share the same sentiment.
There was a slew of comments trolling her.
Luckily, there were a few empathetic souls who understood her plight.
It is unclear whether she got a refund or not, but vegans can definitely learn something from this—if you’re at a non-vegan eatery, communication is key.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 7 Best Vegan Hawker Stalls in S’pore Even Die-Hard Meat Lovers will Like
- 10 Best Makan Places Under $15 You Can Bring Your Girlfriend To This Christmas
- New Study Shows That You Shouldn’t Makan Food if a Fly Has Landed on It Before
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: stomp.straitstimes.com
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024