1 February not only marks the start of a new month, but also the start of the Chinese Year of the Tiger in 2022.
It also marks the start of the 15 days you have to go to the temple to bai tai sui. Better plan a trip to the temple before you forget—or you might meet great misfortune!
What Is Tai Sui and How Will It Affect You?
Tai Sui (太岁) is connected with the planet Jupiter’s orbit around the sun, and is personified as all-controlling deities in Chinese astrology.
Every Chinese New Year, there’ll be a select few Chinese zodiac signs that will be in conflict with Tai Sui.
No, being in conflict with Tai Sui doesn’t mean you offended Tai Sui. After all, how do you offend a deity you’ve never met? Being in conflict with Tai Sui just means that the stars of your Zodiac, relative to Tai Sui’s stars, are in a bad position.
As Tai Sui is in charge of everyone’s fortunes, the zodiacs that come in conflict with Tai Sui might be greeted with bad energy and poor luck.
Who Is In Conflict with Tai Sui This Year?
In 2022, these are the Chinese Zodiacs that will be in conflict with Tai Sui:
- Tiger: 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010. As 2022 is the year of the Tiger, those of the same zodiac year will experience Same Zodiac Year Conflict (值太岁). They are predicted to experience poor career fortune.
- Monkey: 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016. Those born in the year of the Monkey will experience both Conflict with Tai Sui (冲太岁) and Torturing Tai Sui (刑太岁). This is double bad-luck, and they are predicted to suffer lots of damage to their careers and reputations this year.
- Snake: 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013. They will also experience two types of clash with Tai Sui: harming (害太岁) and torturing (刑太岁). They are predicted to experience a big, negative change to their family, and have poor wealth fortune for the year.
- Pig: 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019. The Pig zodiac is here to destroy, or break, Tai Sui (破太岁), meaning they might experience slow career progression. Their love lives might also be turbulent.
I know that this may seem like bleak news for these signs, but not all hope is lost!
What Should You Do If You’re In Conflict with Tai Sui?
You can go to the temple to bai tai sui, which means give offerings to Tai Sui, so that you can turn your bad fortune around. To do this, you can just walk into any temple and ask the staff for assistance. Or just follow the crowds of aunties and uncles, as they’re probably there to bai tai sui too.
Many people also choose to wear a Tai Sui amulet for extra protection.
You should generally just try not to worry too much and adopt a more positive mindset. Be more careful in your daily life and try not to take risks, especially if you’re predicted to have poor fortune.
These rules don’t only apply to those who clash with Tai Sui; it is good general advice for everyone!
Of course, no matter what Chinese or Western astrologers have to say, your fate is ultimately determined by your own actions and mindset.
If bai-ing tai sui gives you peace of mind then sure, go make as many offerings as you want. But remember that you are still the main controller of your life!
- Ultimate Guide to Your 2022 Predictions Based on Your Horoscope
- Video of Woman Surprising Family in M’sia After Being Stuck in S’pore for 1.5 Years Got Almost 6K Shares
- IKEA Has IG-Worthy Little Tiger Buns & Other IG-Worthy Food Until 28 Feb 2022
- Everything About Manifest, The 2018 Hit Drama That Just Dropped in Netflix Singapore
Featured Image: Aratehortua / Shutterstock.com
Gong Cha and Heinz have collaborated to come out with a Tomato Bubble Tea series. We tried them and died. Here's why: