Last Updated on 2022-05-28 , 11:02 am
If you are purely relying on your mouse, you really should drop everything and learn these shortcuts right now.
Not only do they save you lots of time, but they are also handy during the occasions when your mouse or mousepad fails you – like when those are wonky/spoilt or when your computer hangs.
You will be surprised at some of those, even if you know the most famous (and most basic) alt-F4.
These mostly apply to Windows 10 but may also work in other versions!
- Pressing just the F1 will bring up the existing programme’s help page most of the time.
- If you are looking for help with your Windows applications, press Windows + F1.
- On your desktop and Windows explorer, it will allow you to rename a selected icon/file/folder.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens a new MS Word document.
- Ctrl + F2 displays a print preview in MS Word.
- It opens a search feature for many programs
- Shift + F3 in MS Word will change the text in MS Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
- Open the address bar in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
- Repeat the last action performed in MS Word
- Alt + F4 closes the current window (yeah, being Captain Obvious here)
- It refreshes the current window.
- It also opens the find, replace, and go to window in MS Word.
- Starts a slideshow in MS PowerPoint.
- It selects the address bar in browsers.
- Ctrl + Shift + F6 opens another MS Word document.
- It performs a spell check and grammar check in MS Office programmes.
- Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on a selected word.
- Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows Safe Mode.
- Refreshes a MS Word document.
- Send and receive e-mail in Microsoft Outlook (refresh).
- It selects the menu bar of the current application.
- Shift + F10 = right-clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
- Enter and exit full screen mode in browsers.
- It opens the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl + F12 opens a document in MS Word.
- Shift + F12 saves the MS Word document.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in MS Word.
- Wait, what computer are you using? Are you reading this in 2030?
Featured Image: fizkes / Shutterstock.com
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Apple Claims Some Apps Like Instagram Are Causing iPhone 15 to Overheat
- This Halloween, 1 of the Most Popular Costume is a Barbie-Themed Costume
- Study Shows Drinking 2 Cups of Coffee a Day May Reduce Risk of Parkinson’s Disease by 8 Times
- Bukit Panjang Char Kway Teow Stall Explains Why There’s a $0.50 Charge for Removing Beansprouts
- 5 Facts About Angela Lee, Who’s Retiring from MMA
- ICA Responds to Allegations That Congestions in SG-JB Checkpoints Are Caused by Singapore