If you are purely relying on your mouse, you really should drop everything and learn these shortcuts right now.
Not only do they save you lots of time, but they are also handy during the occasions when your mouse or mousepad fails you – like when those are wonky/spoilt or when your computer hangs.
You will be surprised at some of those, even if you know the most famous (and most basic) alt-F4.
These mostly apply to Windows 10 but may also work in other versions!
- Pressing just the F1 will bring up the existing programme’s help page most of the time.
- If you are looking for help with your Windows applications, press Windows + F1.
- On your desktop and Windows explorer, it will allow you to rename a selected icon/file/folder.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens a new MS Word document.
- Ctrl + F2 displays a print preview in MS Word.
- It opens a search feature for many programs
- Shift + F3 in MS Word will change the text in MS Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
- Open the address bar in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer.
- Repeat the last action performed in MS Word
- Alt + F4 closes the current window (yeah, being Captain Obvious here)
- It refreshes the current window.
- It also opens the find, replace, and go to window in MS Word.
- Starts a slideshow in MS PowerPoint.
- It selects the address bar in browsers.
- Ctrl + Shift + F6 opens another MS Word document.
- It performs a spell check and grammar check in MS Office programmes.
- Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on a selected word.
- Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows Safe Mode.
- Refreshes a MS Word document.
- Send and receive e-mail in Microsoft Outlook (refresh).
- It selects the menu bar of the current application.
- Shift + F10 = right-clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
- Enter and exit full screen mode in browsers.
- It opens the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl + F12 opens a document in MS Word.
- Shift + F12 saves the MS Word document.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in MS Word.
- Wait, what computer are you using? Are you reading this in 2030?
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com in March 2016 and revised on 22 February 2018.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’porean Got Scolded by Kid’s Parent for Not Smiling Back at Kid in an MRT Train. Strawberry Level X 99, Indeed.
- McDonald’s S’pore Has a Super Secret Prawn Paste ‘XXL’ Chicken Cutlet. We Tried It & It’s the Best Chicken Cutlet EVER
- Tourists Urged to be Careful After Footage of Woman Drugged in Thailand Got Viral with 5 Million Views
View this post on Instagram
The Coca-Cola Plus Coffee has arrived in Singapore, and let’s just say that the taste is very subjective: one of us thinks it’s like coffee candy, one of us thinks it’s like carbonated dark chocolate milk and one of us think it’s like Vanilla Coke. However, none of us thinks that it’s worth a second try, simply because we’ll all rather have Coke and coffee separately. Read the full review in our app. Link in bio. #sgig #sg #singapore #instasg #yoursingapore #sgphoto #singaporean #singaporelife #thisissingapore #instagramsg #igerssingapore #iluvsg #sgdaily #singaporeig #sglocal #sglifestyle #sgbloggers #sgblogger #sgfood #sgfoodies #foodsg #sgigfood #sgfoodporn #coke #cokecoffeeplus #cocacolacoffee #cocacola #sgcoffee