Would you pay to eat Gold?
Like, literal Gold?
You don’t even have to rob your nearest bank to pay for it too. For just S$12, you can have your own gold fest.
Who’s behind it?
Sweet Potatoes Ice Creamery launched the dazzling ice-cream recently: Sea salt caramel with gold leaf.
And if you didn’t notice, there’s a silver one too, dubbed in truly bedazzling fashion, “Purple Potato with Silver Leaf”.
Now I know what you’re thinking.
Is it real?
Fortunately, for that golden spoon in your mouth, it’s real.
The leaves are brought in from Japan and are created from food-grade 24k gold (authentic, edible gold).
Oh, and did I mention that both flavours are limited edition?
Before you start sprinting out of your house or workplace without even putting your shirt on, let me just provide you with the details to the outlets.
You don’t want to run all the way to Malaysia, asking Kampung residents for gold ice-cream, do you?
Novena Square 2
10 Sinaran Drive, #B1-131 Square 2, Singapore 307506
Open from: Mon – Sun, 1130am – 9 pm (last order for soft serves are at 8:45 pm, only mini take away cups after)
313 Orchard Road #B3-48, Singapore 238895
Open from: Mon – Sun, 11 am -10 pm (last order for soft serves at 9:45 pm)
The idea actually stemmed all the way from Japan, and I’m not really surprised because everything ‘weird’ and ‘kinky’ originates from there. (Ahem, tentacles, ahem)
This idea is far, far away from being weird though, so kudos Japan!
The ice-cream’s called Kinaku soft serve with gold leaf in the land of the Samurai, and one of the best lies near World Heritage-listed site Kinkakuji Golden Pavillion temple.
I honestly never thought I will see the day when people start eating real gold off their ice creams, but then nobody ever predicted Pacquiao’s loss against Jeff Horn either.
So I guess anything is possible in this new era.
What about you? Would you give the ice-cream a try? Or would you rather go with a simple but proven McFlurry at MacDonald’s? Tell us in the comments!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
- Don’t Say Bojio: Wingstop 1-For-1 Promo For 6 Pc Hand-Breaded Wings Combo (9-17 Sep)
- Cha Tra Mue Rose Milk Tea Will Make You Bomb The Toilet Like Nobody’s Business
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured Image: Sweet Potatoes Ice Creamery Facebook Page
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue