Losing something that matters a lot to you is not easy to deal with, especially when it is someone of your blood and flesh. This story reflects the sentiments of a father who’ve lost his daughter and his underlying strength in finding her. Trust me, it’ll make your nose tingle with sadness.
Taxi Driver Hopes to Find Lost Daughter
Just two years ago, a desperate Chengdu father got a job as a taxi driver. He only has one sole reason for his actions – to find his lost little girl.
Here’s the background story: Wang Mingqing’s daughter disappeared 23 years ago when she was only 3 years old. He remembers hawking fruit on the street with his wife, dealing with a large crowd of customers. Before they knew it, they looked up to find that their daughter had vanished.
Wang contacted the police afterwards, to put up missing person signs on the street and to search the city’s children’s shelters and hospitals. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Eventually, in 2015, he thought that becoming a taxi driver might help to improve his slim odds of ever seeing his daughter again.
In his two years as a taxi driver, Wang says that he has told nearly 5,000 passengers about his missing daughter, handing out a card with her information on it to each one, hoping that someone, somewhere will know or remember something. So far no one has, but he still kept going.
According to a West China Metropolis Daily, he told a reporter that he hopes someday his daughter would sit down in his car and shout “Dad!”. When asked what he would say to her, he sighed. “I’m sorry, Dad didn’t live up to his responsibilities as a father.”
Even though it’s been 23 years since his daughter was missing, he still has yet to give up hope. It is saddening to learn that child kidnapping and trafficking is a major problem in China, especially in rural areas. Our sentiments go out to him. His underlying strength is an admirable quality that we hope would reunite the father and daughter.
The Interview with Him:
Featured Image: shanghaiist.com
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- Limited Tickets: All-In Fares to Hong Kong from S$282 with Your DBS/POSB Card!
- Don’t Say Bojio: Online IT Fair with Up to 64% Off!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Baby Drinks 1.5 Litres Of Coffee Every Day As Parents Can‘t Afford Milk
- #FastFoodFriday: Burger King’s Bulgogi Chicken Review: More like Bugouji (不够鸡)
- Woman Suffered Terrible Rash On Body After Three Months of Working Late
- 25YO Man Avoids Peeing After Night of Heavy Drinking; Wakes Up With Ruptured Bladder
- M’sian Who Drank at Least 2 Soft Drinks Every Day Almost Loses Arm
- The Number of Times A Person Has To Poop A Day Based On Statistics