Two people in Singapore were given undiluted COVID-19 vaccines in Singapore.
Yes, you’ve read it right: This occurred in Singapore.
Here’s what happened.
2 People Were Given Undiluted COVID-19 Vaccines in a Hougang Clinic on 15 Sept
The Ministry of Health (MOH) said that they were alerted of the incident yesterday (19 Sept).
Apparently, two adults were given an undiluted vial of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines each, with one needing hospitalisation after experiencing headache and increased heart rate.
This happened in a ProHealth Medical Group clinic at Hougang on 15 September.
According to MOH, the person has since been discharged.
The other patient did not report any adverse reaction.
MOH said, “MOH takes a serious view of this incident and is carrying out a thorough investigation.
“The clinic and doctor who administered the vaccine have been suspended from the national vaccination programme until further notice.”
Each vial appears to have five doses, so this means each of them could have received five doses instead of the usual one dose. The same thing happened last year when an employee at the Singapore National Eye Centre was wrongly administered the equivalent of five doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.
Back then, the employee suffered no adverse reaction or side effects.
The mistake was due to a human error, as the “staff in charge of diluting the vaccine had been called away to attend to other matters during the preparation of the vaccine, and a second staff member had mistaken the undiluted dose in the vial to be ready for administering.”
Goody Feed has contacted ProHealth Medical Group for comments.
- Squid Game Director is in Dilemma As He Has Killed Off Too Many Characters
- Shopee Lays Off More People in S’pore & They Will Be Given ‘Appropriate Compensation Packages’
- Fireworks Will Finally Be Back During This Year’s Countdown Party
- Everything About the $0.10 to $0.20 Deposit For Canned / Bottle Drinks From 2024
- 6 New MRT Stations to Be Built in Cross Island Line & They’ll Open by 2032
Featured Image: Google Maps
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant