Superglue is pretty useful and fun.
It comes in a pinch for those pesky school design projects (thanks glue-gun) or when you’re at home trying to help mom with that new desk.
Then you have a rather sticky situation when you accidentally glue your fingers together.
Yeah, that usually sucks. Forcing it apart like a foolish 9-year-old me tried to would only lead to pain.
Luckily, a twitter user who goes by @brotherjambang has a perfect solution for us.
The title pretty much says it all: use salt!
Take a look at the video below to see how it’s done.
Jika terkena gam asid.. cara melepaskan ialah dgn garam. Moga bermanfaat. pic.twitter.com/5dVBDk1z5V
— abang_jambang (@brotherjambang) September 15, 2019
The absolute mad lad.
There’s a really long explanation of why this works, but we’ll break it down for you.
Super glue can only bond with a surface where moisture exists. Introduce the salt and most of the moisture gets sucked straight out.
Thinking back to other classic home remedies, it actually makes sense why our parents used to tell us to put salt on ulcers.
By the way, this works on most things that you superglued wrongly in general, not just fingers.
How To Do It
So if for some reason you can’t watch the video, let me teach you how to do it:
- Dip the pair of fingers that got stuck together in a bit of water.
- Put a few spoons of salt on it (estimate how much you need).
- Rub your fingers lightly until you feel some kind of paste-like substance forming.
- Rinse and wash it with warm water once you feel it is loose enough.
While the video posted showed that no water was used, you can try this method if you’re a little unconvinced it won’t hurt. It does take a bit longer, though.
Man if only I knew this as a kid, I could’ve avoided so much pain.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- MOH Confirms 4th Wuhan Virus Case in S’pore; Had Stayed in Sentosa Hotel & is in Sengkang Hospital
- S’pore Government Debunks 3 Misinformation About Wuhan Virus Status in S’pore
- Here Are the Chinese Zodiac Signs That Need to Bai Tai Sui (拜太岁) For 2020
- Patient in China Allegedly Tore off Medical Staff’s Mask & Spat at Her, Saying ‘Die With Me’
- 949 Clinics to Be Open During CNY 2020 Period; 15 Clinics Will Open 24 Hours
- The Lucky Dates to Start Work After CNY & What to Do If You Can’t Take Off