Superglue is pretty useful and fun.
It comes in a pinch for those pesky school design projects (thanks glue-gun) or when you’re at home trying to help mom with that new desk.
Then you have a rather sticky situation when you accidentally glue your fingers together.
Yeah, that usually sucks. Forcing it apart like a foolish 9-year-old me tried to would only lead to pain.
Luckily, a twitter user who goes by @brotherjambang has a perfect solution for us.
The title pretty much says it all: use salt!
Take a look at the video below to see how it’s done.
Jika terkena gam asid.. cara melepaskan ialah dgn garam. Moga bermanfaat. pic.twitter.com/5dVBDk1z5V
— abang_jambang (@brotherjambang) September 15, 2019
The absolute mad lad.
There’s a really long explanation of why this works, but we’ll break it down for you.
Super glue can only bond with a surface where moisture exists. Introduce the salt and most of the moisture gets sucked straight out.
Thinking back to other classic home remedies, it actually makes sense why our parents used to tell us to put salt on ulcers.
By the way, this works on most things that you superglued wrongly in general, not just fingers.
How To Do It
So if for some reason you can’t watch the video, let me teach you how to do it:
- Dip the pair of fingers that got stuck together in a bit of water.
- Put a few spoons of salt on it (estimate how much you need).
- Rub your fingers lightly until you feel some kind of paste-like substance forming.
- Rinse and wash it with warm water once you feel it is loose enough.
While the video posted showed that no water was used, you can try this method if you’re a little unconvinced it won’t hurt. It does take a bit longer, though.
Man if only I knew this as a kid, I could’ve avoided so much pain.
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast