Superglue is pretty useful and fun.
It comes in a pinch for those pesky school design projects (thanks glue-gun) or when you’re at home trying to help mom with that new desk.
Then you have a rather sticky situation when you accidentally glue your fingers together.
Yeah, that usually sucks. Forcing it apart like a foolish 9-year-old me tried to would only lead to pain.
Luckily, a twitter user who goes by @brotherjambang has a perfect solution for us.
The title pretty much says it all: use salt!
Take a look at the video below to see how it’s done.
Jika terkena gam asid.. cara melepaskan ialah dgn garam. Moga bermanfaat. pic.twitter.com/5dVBDk1z5V
— abang_jambang (@brotherjambang) September 15, 2019
The absolute mad lad.
There’s a really long explanation of why this works, but we’ll break it down for you.
Super glue can only bond with a surface where moisture exists. Introduce the salt and most of the moisture gets sucked straight out.
Thinking back to other classic home remedies, it actually makes sense why our parents used to tell us to put salt on ulcers.
By the way, this works on most things that you superglued wrongly in general, not just fingers.
How To Do It
So if for some reason you can’t watch the video, let me teach you how to do it:
- Dip the pair of fingers that got stuck together in a bit of water.
- Put a few spoons of salt on it (estimate how much you need).
- Rub your fingers lightly until you feel some kind of paste-like substance forming.
- Rinse and wash it with warm water once you feel it is loose enough.
While the video posted showed that no water was used, you can try this method if you’re a little unconvinced it won’t hurt. It does take a bit longer, though.
Man if only I knew this as a kid, I could’ve avoided so much pain.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill