While trying to trap a friend in, and while the friend was trying to get out of the dryer, two teenage boys managed to dislodge the glass panel of a dryer.
When we say boys will be boys, we certainly didn’t mean to include the destruction of property in that.
Here’s what happened.
Climbs Into Dryer Not Once, But Twice
On 27 January, MAMA Laundry posted about “an act of mischief” on their Facebook page.
The laundromat at Whampoa Drive revealed that on 23 January at 8:23 pm, two teenage boys and one teenage girl entered the laundromat.
In the CCTV footage posted, we can see a boy in a green shirt approaching one of the dryers and opening the door. He then calls his friend over and convinces him to climb into the dryer.
The friend, a teenage boy in a blue shirt, climbed into the dryer with his legs sticking out, presumably to stop his friend from closing the door.
He then gets out of the dryer but is somehow convinced to go into the dryer again. This time, the boy in green placed one leg into the dryer, acting like he was going to go in too. This prompted the blue-shirted boy to tuck his legs into the dryer.
Of course, the boy in green doesn’t enter the dryer and instead closes the door to trap his friend inside. The boy inside the dryer then uses his legs to stop his friend.
Dislodges Glass Panel, Runs Away
The boy in the green shirt can be seen pushing his weight against the door, while the boy in the dryer used both legs to try and open the door.
This causes the glass panel to dislodge, and the boy in the green shirt quickly runs away.
The boy in the blue shirt then makes it out of the dryer and tries to fix the dislodged panel. However, after failing to reattach it twice, he gives up and walks away.
Laundromat Owner Makes Police Report
Labelling the boys’ actions as a “very dangerous act”, the laundromat owner then says that they do not condone abuse nor misuse of their machines.
They’ve filed a police report against the two boys and a female friend who was not pictured in the footage but was recording their actions.
You can view the Facebook post here:
- Drink Stall Hawkers Allegedly Sabo-ed Each Other Over Expired Beer
- Residents Calling Out People Who Burnt Sugarcane Directly on the Ground During 拜天宫
- Ceiling of Serangoon HDB Flat Looks Like a Cave Due to Kitchen’s Water Leakage
- Lai Heng Mushroom Minced Meat Noodle Not Selling Brand for $500K After 10 People Contacted Them
- Only 1 Winner Won the $7.2 Million TOTO on 30 Jan & The Huat Outlet is at Punggol
Featured Image: Facebook (MAMA Laundry)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore