You know why it’s great to be living in Singapore now?
Businesses are willing to lose money just to get more users. Just look at many of the new tech start-ups: despite losing millions of dollars every year, they can still offer discounts (or even free services) to users, hoping that they become another Facebook.
Lest you’re not aware, Facebook started out without any ads, and ran for five years with major losses every year until 2009, when it finally turned a profit with its gamble.
So if you think this latest deal is a scam, don’t: it’s just business.
Mobike, one of the three bike-sharing companies in Singapore, is offering FREE rides in the entire month of September.
Yes, for that full 30 days.
There’s no reason for this freebie, but as mentioned, it’s all just business.
After all, in 2017 alone, the China-based company has raised a whopping USD$1 billion in funding.
You’ve read it right: billion hor, not million.
Which isn’t such a surprise considering how fast this industry is growing. And also how fast the bikes are being abused #sorrycannotresist
However, do note that if you’re charged while riding the bike, it most likely is due to a technical error and they’ve suggested that you report it in the app, which they will adjust accordingly.
Now, isn’t this the perfect time to go for your well-deserved cycling trip to East Coast Park?
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Okay, You Can Be a Full-time Gamer with Benefits & CPF Right Here in S’pore
- SCDF Regular Openly Broke Up with NTUConfessions Girl & Here’s Why We Think It’s All Troll
- A recap of our streaming that separates EM1, EM2 & EM3
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Facebook (Mobike Singapore)
Latest posts by Low Kay Hwa (see all)
- Turns Out That Jay Chou Bought 80% of His Wife’s Bags. Very Spoil Market Guy - November 21, 2017
- This ‘Deleted Scene’ Of a 100% Product Placement in ABTM4 is At Least Very Real Lah - November 20, 2017
- Mycoprotein: The Ingredient to Make Meat-free Meals Tastes Like Meat - November 16, 2017