Ever since Instagram launched Instagram Stories, I have stopped using Snapchat.
Its feature is similar to the latter, allowing you to share videos and photos which would last for only 24 hours.
You can also export your Instagram stories and upload it to Facebook as well.
Soon, that can be done with the social messaging app, Whatsapp, as well.
You can share your Instagram Stories on Whatsapp
I don’t know about you, but I have never used Whatsapp Status for various reasons—I wouldn’t want everyone in my contact list to know what I am up to, it is just tiresome to be updating the same old s*** on every platform and…refer to the former.
The cross-posting of updates on Whatsapp is only rolled out in Brazil at the moment, part of the trial phase.
Ever since Facebook monetised the social media industry, acquiring Instagram in 2012 and Whatsapp 2014, this move is not only practical, but it will also encourage users to use WhatsApp Status, as it will be easier to share the same content.
A spokesperson told Techcrunch, “We are always testing ways to improve the experience on Instagram and make it easier to share any moment with the people who matter to you.”
With that said, it is not confirmed that this would be available worldwide—if the feature is not well-received in Brazil, it could be scraped off to the dark abyss where unpopular social media features go to die.
Will this push you to use WhatsApp Status?
I mean, imagine seeing the same content on three different platforms!?!
But come to think of it, we spend most of our time on Facebook and its owned apps and if the aforementioned feature is successful, we would be spending even more time on Whatsapp!
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
Black Mirror, much?
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Instagram is Now Cracking Down on Influencers That Look Popular But Are Actually Not
- Facebook’s Latest Snooze Function Will Save Your Social Life. Here’s How (and Why)
- The Truth About ‘Online’ in WhatsApp: It Doesn’t Mean Someone is Reading Your Message
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Image: Alex Ruhl / shutterstock.com
- NS Defaulter Appealed His 10-Month Jail But It Increased to 13 Months Instead
- Grab’s New System Lets Drivers Earn Up To $11,888 Guaranteed Gross Income Monthly!
- Clementi Rd Exit in PIE Changing from Right to Left, And It Cost a Whopping $32.7 Million
Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App!
Latest posts by Venkataraman Gunasellan (see all)
- Jumping Regularly Doesn’t Make a Person Grow Taller After All - October 2, 2018
- The Science on Why It’s Easier to Sleep in the MRT / Bus Than on a Bed - September 23, 2018
- Study Shows That Having Over 150 FB Friends Affects Real-Life Friendships - August 30, 2018