You’re having a wonderful time touring Coney Island, only to realise that you’ve been locked in.
A group of visitors were trapped on the island after the gate locked at 7pm. Again.
Unaware of Closing Hours?
Coney Island is open from 7am to 7pm, and the gates will be locked on time. This is because the park is not artificially lighted, making it unsafe for visitors to roam about after 7pm since they might get lost.
The lack of artificial lights is to allow the nocturnal wildlife to have a natural environment to grow in. The park has lots of rich biodiversity, and some of the wildlife there are critically endangered as well.
Unfortunately, at least 12 people were not aware of the closing hours. A video shows them pacing around behind the green gate of Coney Island’s entrance.
It then zooms in on a sign on the gate that states the park’s opening and closing hours.
Yeah, I think those 12 visitors won’t forget the Island’s operating hours anytime soon.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
The National Parks Board was aware of this, and park security arrived promptly to open the gates for the visitors to exit.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Yes, there is indeed an “again” placed in brackets in our headline. This isn’t the first time someone got stuck in Coney Island after hours!
Back in August 2021, a couple who got trapped on the island after hours called the police to rescue them. They had allegedly taken a wrong turn in the park and got lost when the sun set.
Information on opening hours is everywhere in the park, from the park’s entry gates to the signs at shelters and rest stops. Maybe these people were too engrossed in the flora and fauna?
Park Lovers, Take Note!
It isn’t just Coney Island that closes at 7pm. Nature reserves like the Central Catchment, Bukit Timah Nature Reserves and Sungei Buloh are closed at night. Most nature parks, like the Dairy Farm, Kranji Marshes, Chestnut Hindhede and Windsor are also closed then.
All park visitors should adhere to the opening hours of its parks and the advisories on-site, lest they run into trouble with rugged terrains or our animal friends!
You can check out more information on park etiquette at Coney Island Park on their website.
- Appeal of Drug Trafficker on Death Row in S’pore Adjourned Again
- Man Forged Payslip to Get Credit Card with Higher Limit to buy Bitcoin But Got Bankrupt Instead
- NTUC FairPrice Responds to Flyers Being Given Out That Promise Free Vouchers
- A Household Literally Put Up a 6m-Tall God of Wealth Statue In Their House at Kranji
Featured Image: Facebook (John Han)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee