I believe that everyone dreamed of becoming someone cool while they were young.
A princess, a teacher, a singer, a hero…
But how many of us actually became who we wanted to be?
Things changed for 18-year-old Ang Mei Qi last Friday night (26 Jan).
She was just like you and me, an ordinary citizen, when a fire broke out in her block in Hougang.
She could have escaped to safety with her mother, but she chose to alert the rest of her neighbours instead.
Ms Ang lives on the third floor of the block. She was at home with her mother, using her computer, when she heard a “boom”.
She rushed down to take a look and saw smoke coming out from the stairs, according to The Straits Times.
The ITE College East student then ran home to inform her mother.
While running to safety, she decided to inform her other seven neighbours as well.
“We are very close to our neighbours, and we always help out one another.”
She knew that one of them, a 90-year-old grandmother, will have difficulties escaping.
So she quickly called the police, who arrived five minutes later.
A police officer carried the grandmother to safety on his back.
The fire broke out in a flat that belonged to a family with pet cats, in which only one survived. There were no reported injuries.
However, investigations into what caused the fire are still ongoing.
Let’s ask ourselves this: how many of us will actually do the same?
Will you be willing to sacrifice your safety for others?
I’m not sure what Ms Ang dreamed of becoming, but she became a hero overnight nonetheless.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Woman Crashed Car in Jurong East ‘Coz of a Cockroach in the Car
- Nparks Has Responded to the Man Who’s Fined $2,000 For Plucking Leaves at Botanic Gardens
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1 for 1 Drinks (Include Ice-cream Meltdown) in Swensen’s (Till 4 Feb)
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: Straits Times
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use