Being forced to do sexual acts is something no one should go through. It is unethical and simply disrespectful.
This is what happened to 19-year-old Malaysian, Sim Hui Ying, last week when her boyfriend, Yap Kelly, 29, made sexual advances on her which she did not consent to.
Unfortunately, this led to her killing her boyfriend in self-defence during the act.
Reported the Incident to the Police
After the incident had occurred, she reported the incident to the police with the support of her family.
Upon hearing the report, the police headed down to the hotel located at Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru, where they found the deceased in a room.
May Face the Death Penalty
On Thursday (30 Sep), Sim arrived at the Johor Bahru Magistrate Court for her prosecution in a mask and dressed in full black, reported China Press.
According to Utusan Malaysia, she had no lawyer present to represent her.
It is also noted that while the judge was reading out her charge in Mandarin, Sim simply nodded with no expression, implying that she understands them.
No plea was recorded from Sim during the hearing before Magistrate R. Salini.
Sim’s case has been rescheduled to 6 Dec. This is to allow for time for the laboratory and autopsy reports to become complete.
Under Section two of the Malaysian Penal Code, Sim may face the death penalty if proven guilty.
The website further mentions that this does not mean people can abuse this law as investigations carried out will determine if one acted in self-defence or not.
- Chinese National Fined $17,500 for Importing 226kg of Meat in Luggage to S’pore
- The Table Cat That Hates Vegetable is So Popular, It Has 1.6 Million Followers on Instagram
- Google Stadia Shutting Down After Just 3 Years in the Market
- Old Chang Kee Having IG-Worthy Tiger-Shaped Puff from 1 Oct for Children’s Day
- Heinz x Gong Cha Tomato Bubble Tea Review: Not Worth Every Cent Spent
Featured Image: China Press
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Revisiting the Cat Ban in Singapore: Why Some of the HDB Reasons to Ban Cats Don’t Make Sense
- Why People Are Talking About a Woodlands Void Deck That’s Been “Sealed Off”
- 34YO Woman & 3-Week-Old Infant Found Dead at Foot of Ghim Moh HDB Flat; Second Such Incident in a Month
- Popular Tian Tian Lai Nasi Lemak Has Closed Down After 22 Years
- 10 Places to Experience Snow This Christmas in Singapore
- Police Investigating “Man in Woman’s Dress” Who Force Opens MRT Train Door & Lies At Station
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat