Were you desperately trying to reload Goody Feed, Google, and Discord this afternoon, only for it to show “500 Internal Server Error”?
This is because of a major outage at Cloudflare, and not because your Internet decided to give up on you. Here’s what really happened.
Cloudflare Outage Caused Websites to Stop Working
In the afternoon, a whole bunch of websites like Discord and Google were down, showing “500 Internal Server Error” on the screen. Even some League of Legends and Valorant servers were down.
Well, it turns out that hundreds of websites rely on content delivery networks like Cloudflare to deliver content from the cloud safely and quickly. Cloudflare, which is one of the most popular content delivery networks, had a major outage, which was what caused the websites to be down.
At 2:56pm today, Cloudflare stated on its Twitter that they are aware of the service issues and were working to resolve them as quickly as possible.
At 3:16pm, they gave an update that the issue has been identified, and at 4:08pm, they announced the incident to be resolved.
On their service status page, it states: “A critical P0 incident was declared at approximately 06:34AM UTC. Connectivity in Cloudflare’s network has been disrupted in broad regions. Eyeballs attempting to reach Cloudflare sites in impacted regions will observe 500 errors. The incident impacts all data plane services in our network.”
List of Accusations Made Against the 2 Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road:
Of course, when a huge part of the Internet is down, people go to the parts that are not down to seek some company and answers.
One Twitter user predicted that this is an omen that Pingu is taking over the world:
Another user laughed at how ironic it was that a website that’s supposed to show you if a website is truly down or not, was also affected by this outage:
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
And, of course, here are the many beautiful memes:
So yep, a huge majority of the world didn’t have 50% of the Internet for a few hours, and now you know why.
The next time you see another 500 error? Just know that it isn’t you, it’s them.
- All Civil Servants in S’pore Getting 0.35-Month Mid-Year Bonus, Higher Than Last Year’s Bonus
- 62YO Claims Ex-GF Refused to Give Him Back His $50K But The Woman Claimed They Were Never Together
- Rental of Pasar Malams Stalls Has Reportedly Increased by About 25% As There Has Been More Demand
- Everything About the Government’s Proposal to Disable Certain Harmful Online Contents
Featured Image: shutterstock.com / Delook Creative
- SUTD Launching Free 3-Year Programming Course With No Teachers & No Classes
- McDonald’s Launching Coconut-Flavoured Soft-Serve Ice Cream on 29 May; Will Be Giving Out 500 Free Cones
- Everything About Renting a Colonial House in Singapore, Simplified for You
- Netizens Reportedly Unhappy With Newly-Revealed NDP Song Because It’s Too “Megachurch-y”
- honestbee Saga Hasn’t Ended As It Still Owes Money to Ex-Employees & Vendors
- Here Are The “Outrageous” Accusations Made Against Ministers Who Rented Colonial Houses at Ridout Road
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee