Bali is an island in Indonesia, known for its beaches and coral reefs. It is a popular holiday location for Singaporeans, not only because of its splendid view but also its cheap and good food. Here are 7 foods you must really try in Bali!
Ice cream, Sherbet and Gelato
Such cooling sweet treats are a must have on a hot day on a tropical day. Be sure to indulge in the icy sweet treats with unique local flavours such as lemongrass and soursop, which will melt away all the heat.
BBQ Pork Ribs
Their BBQ pork ribs is definitely a must try, with its meat succulent and tender, and slightly charred on the outside. Furthermore, their meats are all locally produced so quality can be assured!
This is actually smoked duck marinated in local seasonings and is one of the many variations of local duck dishes. Usually served with rice, sambal and local vegetable side dishes, the meat is lean and off from the bone, which is incredibly delicious.
Babi Guling is Balinese suckling pig, one of the most famous local dishes in Bali. Marinated with herbs and spices, it is then roasted, causing its to be crispy on the outside yet soft and tender on the inside. This is no wonder why it is such a popular dish among both locals and tourists.
What can be better than freshly grilled seafood by the beach? Although we have seafood here in Singapore, Bali’s seafood is super fresh, juicy, cooked just right and affordable as well. You can pick your seafood either ala carte by weight or pick a set meal for 2 to 20 people. Have a seafood dinner while you watch the sunset by the ocean!
Although Singapore also has Nasi Goreng, there would be a difference in terms of the ingredients and flavour of the dish. Cooked with authentic local spices and served with a sunny side up, it is a popular breakfast choice among the locals.
This is vastly different from the satay we have in Singapore as the meat is wrapped around then skewered around lemongrass or sugarcane. Made from either pork, beef, chicken or seafood, it is sometimes served together with suckling pig and other Balinese dishes.
Trying these foods in Bali allows us to have a better understanding of the local flavours and will also definitely satisfy our tummies!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue