Last Updated on 2023-02-14 , 4:41 pm
We all love eggs, right? But you might wonder about the other uses of eggs.
They’re considered one of the natural wonders of the food world and they come bursting with nutrients and proteins.
You can watch more about the myths of eggs in this video (please subscribe to our YouTube channel, too!):
But did you know that they can be used for more than just cooking and eating? Here are 8 other uses of an egg you probably didn’t know.
Other Uses Of Eggs
Egg whites are bursting with proteins and make a great facial cleanser. Whisk some egg whites with water, apply it to your face and wash it off. You’ll find your pores shrinking and lesser puffiness.
Rich in vitamin A, these yolks are what you need to up your A game. Simply whisk two yolks with some water, apply to your face and wash it off.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Beat two eggs (yolks only if your hair is dry) with a bit of olive oil and apply to hair once frothy. Bunch up your hair under a shower cap and leave it to sit for 20 minutes. Rinse it off later and you’ll find your hair sleek and silky. If you hate the smell of raw eggs, add some scented oil to the mixture before applying.
Water for the plants
When you hard boil your eggs, leave the water to cool and use it to water your plants. Eggshells contains a high amount of calcium and you’ll find your plants growing big and strong.
First Egg-I mean Aid
Have a cut? Boil an egg, peel off the shell and the thin membrane between the shell and egg. The membrane can help to stop bleeding and prevent scarring at the same time.
In fact, if you’ve watched plenty of Hong Kong movies, you’ll see the heroes boil an egg, wrap in a towel and use it to rub on their bruises. The heat helps to dissipate the blood that starts collecting.
Rub the egg white into your dirty leather and wipe it off with a damp cloth. As a bonus, it’ll give your leather that extra shine too!
Mix one raw egg with one teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, some hot sauce, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Drink up and you’ll find your hangover gone.
Ran out of glue and lazy to go out and buy? Mix some flour, water, sugar, alum with egg white and you have homemade glue ready to go.
Now that you know all these, it’s time to go wild! Let us know if we’ve missed out on anything!
Featured Image: Mikhail Artamonov / Shutterstock.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee