You might remember him as the handsome actor who played Sergeant Ken, a supporting role, in Ah Girls Go Army.
The young 26-year-old actor who caught the eyes of many ladies in the movie and made a lot of Singaporeans either cringe or laugh is Jasper Choong.
Well he’s not just an actor. Turns out, Choong opened a hawker food stall, San Hu Minced Meat Noodle, with his mother in April 2022 to sell Malaysian-style Bak Chor Mee.
Choong opened the stall hoping to make use of his Malaysian heritage and bring it over to his Bak Chor Mee.
His most famous dish was the San Hu Signature Bak Chor Mee (S$6.50) which consisted of his signature dark sauce, fish cake slices, fish balls, homemade chilli, braised mushrooms and a huge serving of minced meat and lard.
Both dry and soup versions were available when the stall was still up and running.
Just imagining it makes me salivate.
That was not the only thing he sold on the menu. Another top hit with the crowd was his Laksa (S$4.50), consisting of cockles, egg, fried fish ball and tau pok (tofu) soaked in the scrumptious broth. Mm
A man who can cook and act? Sign me up.
Despite doing well for its opening, the store has unfortunately shut its doors since 30 July 2022, just three months after its opening.
The reasoning behind it was due to a lack of manpower and the rising costs of maintaining a small business in the city.
Choong’s store was also located at the kopitiam near Tiong Bahru MRT which is one of the central districts in Singapore, so rental fees must’ve been high.
Fret not, for this will not be the last we see Choong. Besides being an actor, he is also a model under Now Model Management, so keep a lookout for him in advertisements or even magazines.
He is also the founder of Theta Productions, a one-stop advertising firm, and has worked with many brands including Fujimori/Kajita and The Maker Bazaar.
Lucky for us, it doesn’t seem like Choong will be taking a break from his career anytime soon so we can hope for greater things to come.
- M’sia Cleaner Who Spoke Fluent Japanese Turns Out to be Former Tour Guide Who Can Speak 5 Languages
- Parents Looking to Raise S$3 Million for Drugs to Save 2-Month-Old Baby Who’s Now in NUH ICU
- Hugh Harrison, Composer of “Count on Me, Singapore” Injured After Watching NDP Live in Canada
- Everything About the Report on the Cause of the Tanjong Pagar Crash & Its Ruling
- People Impressed With How Friendly Girls’ Generation Tiffany is to Her Fans in S’pore
Featured Image: Instagram (@jasperczyz), Facebook (@三虎肉脞面)
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant