There has been a string of videos emerging in Facebook recently, showing cars that drove against the traffic for whatever reason.
In just two weeks alone, from 28 December 2016 to 7 January 2017, there have been eight such known cases, and this latest one would make it nine.
While the reasons given by others weren’t convincing, to say the least, this one is unique: the car wasn’t caught driving against traffic by a dashcam and uploaded on Facebook. Instead, eyewitnesses saw the car parked in the middle of a traffic junction between Woodlands Ave 1 and Woodlands Ave 2, and repeated honks by other cars did not change anything.
Occurring just two days ago (14 January 2017) at around 7:06 a.m., it’s a blessing that it wasn’t the peak hour, nor was there heavy traffic (I’m pretty familiar with that junction).
Apparently, the driver had fallen asleep, and did not respond when someone tried to wake him up.
When the police arrived, he was still sleeping. According to The Straits Times, the police knocked loudly on the window that finally woke the driver. However, the driver got so startled that he stepped on the accelerator, in which the officers gave chase, and the car finally stopped on the wrong side of the road.
The police then said that a 29-year-old man was arrested for drink driving.
But if you’ve just developed a phobia for the roads after reading all these news reports, here’s something to ease you: the commander of TP has this to say: “The Traffic Police would like to assure the public that majority of the drivers who went into the wrong lanes are unintentional and the roads are generally safe. But we still want to advise motorists to be careful, especially at junctions and exercise extra vigilance so that you enter into the proper lanes.”
The main takeaway? Stay alert.
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 8 Things You Need To Know About The Mercedes Driver Who Caused An Accident On The AYE
- 10 Facts About The Horrific AYE Accident That Occurred Yesterday
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death