A 36-year old man was arrested after he was reported to have robbed a mobile phone shop with a 25-cm long knife hidden in his bag.
Not sure how long that is? Here, take a look.
Are you done with your screaming? Okay, let’s continue.
This happened on Tuesday, 15 August 2017 along Bukit Batok Street 31.
Apparently, he did all these for just one mobile phone. At least that was what he managed to get.
Yes, and because of this act of sheer folly, he could be facing between 3 to 14 years of jail sentence and no less than 12 strokes of the cane.
Is this all worth it for just one mobile phone?
Looking back, this is not the first robbery that has happened in Singapore this year. Earlier this month on 1 August 2017, an armed robbery took place at Ubi Ave 1 and the male suspect was also armed with a knife.
His target: S$4,000 from Western Union money transfer branch. His image was also captured on the CCTV’s Hall of Shame.
Again, we question, is $4,000 worth the repercussions of the crime? Apparently, he dropped $3,000 of the cash that he grabbed.
Maybe he was inspired by the 48-year-old Singaporean who was charged for armed robbery at a petrol station in Upper Bukit Timah Road the day before, on 31 July.
Visvanathan Vadivelu, cleaning company worker, who also armed himself with a kitchen knife managed to run off with $1,193 in cash. But he was arrested four hours later at Jurong East Street 21.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Once You Know This Secret Workout, You’ll Never Go To A Gym Again
- Here’s a Hack to Make Part-time Jobs Look for You Instead of You Looking for Part-time Jobs
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: channelnewsasia.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake