A 36-year old man was arrested after he was reported to have robbed a mobile phone shop with a 25-cm long knife hidden in his bag.
Not sure how long that is? Here, take a look.
Are you done with your screaming? Okay, let’s continue.
This happened on Tuesday, 15 August 2017 along Bukit Batok Street 31.
Apparently, he did all these for just one mobile phone. At least that was what he managed to get.
Yes, and because of this act of sheer folly, he could be facing between 3 to 14 years of jail sentence and no less than 12 strokes of the cane.
Is this all worth it for just one mobile phone?
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Looking back, this is not the first robbery that has happened in Singapore this year. Earlier this month on 1 August 2017, an armed robbery took place at Ubi Ave 1 and the male suspect was also armed with a knife.
His target: S$4,000 from Western Union money transfer branch. His image was also captured on the CCTV’s Hall of Shame.
Again, we question, is $4,000 worth the repercussions of the crime? Apparently, he dropped $3,000 of the cash that he grabbed.
Maybe he was inspired by the 48-year-old Singaporean who was charged for armed robbery at a petrol station in Upper Bukit Timah Road the day before, on 31 July.
Visvanathan Vadivelu, cleaning company worker, who also armed himself with a kitchen knife managed to run off with $1,193 in cash. But he was arrested four hours later at Jurong East Street 21.
According to TripAdvisor, Singapore is an “extremely safe… city”. But I think now I’m having second thoughts. After all, who could forget the StanChart robber that shocked the nation last year?
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Click Here to Download the App!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Once You Know This Secret Workout, You’ll Never Go To A Gym Again
- Here’s a Hack to Make Part-time Jobs Look for You Instead of You Looking for Part-time Jobs
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: channelnewsasia.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee