Taiwanese actress Barbie Hsu, 46, and Wang Xiaofei, 41, a Chinese businessman, divorced a year ago, in November 2021. They have an eight-year-old daughter and a six-year-old son.
This news was widely talked about last November.
Well, it’s been a year, and there is still piping hot tea.
Their relationship turned sour again as Hsu accused Wang of not providing spousal maintenance since March 2022.
In case you did not know, spousal maintenance is when a spouse provides some form of financial support to their ex-spouse after the divorce.
Barbie Hsu Accuses Her Ex-Husband Of Not Paying Over $220K of Spousal Maintenance
According to Hsu, the amount accumulated to more than NT$5 million (S$220,000), as she applied to the Taipei District Court for enforcement. That amount works out to about S$27,000 per month.
As a result, Mr Wang’s assets in Taiwan could be seized due to Ms Hsu’s evidence.
Barbie Hsu Remarried Earlier This Year
Just three months after her high-profile divorce with Chinese businessman Wang, the Taiwanese actress has just tied the knot once again.
Her new man is South Korean musician DJ Koo, 52, also known as Mr Koo Jun-yup.
He was part of the 1990s South Korean dance music duo Clon, which was popular during its time.
But Mr Koo and Hsu’s story apparently goes way back.
Some two decades ago, sparks flew between Koo and Hsu after they met at a concert in Taiwan.
They reportedly began dating in secret in 1998 but split after about a year as Koo’s management objected to him being in a relationship.
He wrote, “We are married. To have such a destiny with a lover from over 20 years ago – this is a love we both want to cherish and continue.
“When I heard the news of her divorce, I dug out her number from over 20 years ago and contacted her. Thankfully, her number has not changed and we reconnected. We have lost too much time together so I proposed marriage and Barbie finally agreed.”
Moral of the story? Do not change your phone number.
“After registering our marriage, we shall live together. I’m marrying late in life and I hope to receive everyone’s love and support,” he added.
Hsu, who reposted Mr Koo’s message on her social media accounts, wrote, “Life is uncertain. I cherish the happiness I have in the present. I thank everything that has led me step by step to where I am now.”
Wang is also Allegedly Believed to Be in a New Relationship
In case you want to kaypoh about Wang’s love life, the answer is that he is rumoured to be seeing someone too.
In the Taiwanese current affairs programme, it’s said that Wang has been dating a woman who is younger and wealthier.
It should be noted that Wang himself came from a wealthy family, with him being known as one of the four most popular sons of wealthy entrepreneurs in Beijing.
According to the episode, the paparazzi in China have been trying to photograph the woman but none of them succeeded as the woman lives in an extremely exclusive and heavily guarded property.
Wang Claimed that he Continued to Pay Child Support
Now, back to the topic of spousal maintenance claims.
In rebuttal, Mr Wang claimed that he has continued to pay child support for their children and maintenance to Tsu in a letter through his lawyer.
However, he mentioned that he did not want to pay additional family expenses and utility bills for their luxury home in Taipei.
He even uploaded a list of expenses he paid for on Weibo in the past year.
“I should not be paying the utility bills for this home now that they are married,” said Wang, referring to Koo and Hsu’s marriage.
He also added that he is even paying for their chauffeur and helper, and the children’s school fees and living expenses.
Allegedly Not Being Able to Visit His Kids
Wang subtly hinted at how he was not allowed to visit his kids. He said, “We have joint custody of the children, so they do not have the right to stop me from seeing my children.”
Although Hsu has not responded to this claim, her mother said that Hsu is not stopping their children from visiting Beijing, where Wang is.
“The children are studying in Taipei and he should spare a thought for them,” said her mother.
- AVS Now Investigating Death of 2 Corgis After a Week After Buyer Bought from Overseas Seller
- Girl Claimed She Was Abused After She Refused Sex in a Rent-a-Date Outing
- Japanese Fans Gain Respect Again After They Were Spotted Cleaning Stadium After World Cup Match
- Woman Suffers Swollen Eyes from Fake Eyelashes Done by Bugis Beauty Salon
- Everything About the Car Bomb in Southern Thailand That is Known So Far
Featured Image: Focus Taiwan & Asianpopnews
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue