Most of the time, if we ever patronise an eatery that is a distance from our comfort, it is probably because the food is good.
Or, there are cute shirtless hunks or a chiobu running the stall.
If we are lucky, even both.
Bedok Bak Chor Mee Stall Went Viral As Stallowner Poses With Her Food
Bedok 85 is a famous market well-known for its fried oyster, prawn noodles, and bak chor mee.
Even if someone stays all the way in Jurong, it is no surprise that they are willing to travel all the way to the East for the food.
After all, the saying “East side best side” still stands.
On 13 November, a Facebook post was uploaded by Bestfoody, stating that Seng Hiang Bak Chor Mee, the famous stall in Bedok, will be having another outlet in Sengkang.
Many netizens are excited about the new opening, but something else catches their excitement.
The chiobu stall owner.
She held a bowl of bak chor mee and stood outside the stall. The post garnered over 500 likes, 380 shares and 78 comments on Facebook.
Who knows what did the post actually went viral for?
About Seng Hiang Bak Chor Mee
Seng Hiang Bak Chor was founded by Mr Chua Seng Hiang, hence the name of the business.
However, he did not start off his business venture selling bak chor mee straightaway. In 1950, he started off by selling dough fritters at Upper Changi Road.
Then, he moved to 85 Bedok Market to continue selling dough fritters in 1979.
Two years later, his son joined his dad at the stall to sell Laksa, Char Kway Teow, and satay.
In 1985, the founder then switched to selling bak chor mee.
Now, the business was passed down to the 3rd generation, run by Ms Peggy Chua (the chiobu) and her husband Mr Don Ng. They quit their full-time jobs to run their business at Sengkang.
The Sengkang bak chor mee is located at 21 Sengkang West Avenue 1 Fernvale Hawker Centre #03-07 Singapore 797650.
It is open daily, except Wednesdays from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm.
Head down if you would like to see the chiobu selling bak chor mee.
About Fernvale Hawker Centre
If you’ve confused Fernvale Hawker Centre with One Punggol Hawker Centre, no one will blame you.
Both are located in the northeast, and both just opened recently.
Fernvale Hawker Centre opened in September this year, while One Punggol Hawker Centre opened late last month.
Located next to Fernvale LRT station and Seletar Mall, Fernvale Hawker Centre has a new concept: you can buy the raw ingredients and get someone to whip up a dish for you there.
It’s, of course, the first hawker centre to have such a service.
One Punggol Hawker Centre also has something unique: it has a robot that can brew your kopi.
View this post on Instagram
Other popular stalls in Fernvale Hawker Centre include Song Zhou Carrot Cake, which also comes from Bedok, Hock Hai (Hong Lim) Curry Chicken Noodle, which has a Michelin Bib Gourmand under its belt and Whitley Road Big Prawn Noodle.
Yes, lest you’ve not noticed, many stalls in the new hawker centres are usually established brands.
- It’ll Not Be as Rainy in the Last 2 Weeks of November
- HDB Launching 9,500 BTO Flats Next Week With 3 Projects Under Prime Housing Model
- McDonald’s Having New Items for World Cup & Screening Matches in 19 Outlets
- 10 Facts About Sam Bankman-Fried, the Man That Temasek Had Believed In
- Everything About Former Hyflux CEO Olivia Lum’s New Charges Simplified for You
Featured Image: Bestfoody / Facebook.com
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue