Who says street food can never match up to restaurant food?
I for one, have always believed that the best food in the world is found around every street corner. It’s one of the things I’ve come to realize while backpacking around Southeast Asia.
Hence, it brings me great pleasure to write an article about a Bangkok street food eatery winning a Michelin Star.
The eatery, Jay Fai, (also known as Auntie Fai) is named after the 72-year-old owner. Jay Fai is known for her crab omelettes and seafood noodles.
Admittedly, Jay Fai is more expensive than most street food store. A dish generally costs around $27 or more. But hey, do consider that she’s using expensive ingredients like crabs and prawns!
Interestingly, Jay Fai claims that she had no idea that the term “Michelin” had anything to do with food.
“Before, I knew the Michelin name but I did not know it had to do with cooking,” said Jay Fai.
Well, yeah. A few years back, I would’ve thought of this fella if you asked me about Michelin.
(Uhh, time to buy new tyres?)
Anyway, the store is the only street-side establishment to be listed in Michelin’s Bangkok guide released on 6th Dec. Do note that this is the first-ever guide to be released for Bangkok by Michelin!
Oh boy, it must be an honour for her to be featured in the guide and vice versa!
Jay Fai also said that she is very proud to be featured and that she must return to the kitchen on Thursday (7 Dec), the day after the release of the guide.
Well, we can all see the dedication to her craft from the things she says! There’s a reason why she won the Michelin Star, you know.
Let’s hope that Jay Fai winning the Michelin Star would mean a brighter outlook for Bangkok’s street food scene.
After all, I would really hate to go back to a Bangkok without street food.
With that, I suppose I should plan a trip to Bangkok soon!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- For $2K, You Can Travel in Every Long Weekend in 2018 with a JetStar Package
- So, Is it Still Okay to Travel to Bali Now? Here’re the Deets
- Someone Made a Map That Provides Alternative Travel Routes with Buses During MRT Shutdown
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia