Drinking on the job reduces your productivity. After all, why would you be drunk when you’re chasing that bag?
The principle of staying focused in our pursuit of money applies to most jobs, especially robberies in the literal sense.
Here’s what happens when you don’t.
Burglar Broke into M’sia House, Drank Some Alcohol & Passed Out in the House
At around 6.15 am in Taman Tanjung in Malaysia, a house owner received an unpleasant surprise after discovering an inebriated man passed out in his house.
Immediately, he alerted the police to the scene.
Turns out, the 41-year-old burglar had broken into the house via the unlocked back door. After pocketing a few items, he stumbled into a drinks cabinet, where he began to indulge himself.
Little did he know that was his undoing as he soon fell asleep at the crime scene.
When the 66-year-old homeowner, Sin Kong Men, woke up, he noticed the dog tugging at the man’s shirt sleeve.
At first, he thought it was his son’s friend but noticed something amiss when he saw the messy state of the living room. For context, the owner lives with his wife and four children.
Initially, the man and his children tried to wake the man up but to no avail.
Beside the intoxicated man was a paper bag containing a serrated-edge knife, a cleaver, two bottles of liquor, and a phone. The police also seized an electric shaver.
The police also found a motorcycle on the side of the road, and the homeowner found a pair of slippers by the kitchen.
According to the Jempol District police chief superintendent Hoo Chang Hook, the suspect has 21 past criminal records, 15 drug-related. Also, he is wanted under Section 15(1)(a) of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
He has been remanded for four days for breaking into a house to commit burglary.
Penalty for Burglary in Malaysia
Under Section 457 of the Penal Code, for trespassing to steal, the drunkard could be imprisoned for up to five years and liable to a fine.
- Here’s a Proven Hack to Avoid Overeating CNY Goodies During CNY Gatherings
- It’ll Continue to Rain Every Day During the Entire 15-Day CNY Period
- Everything About The 2nd California Shooting That Involved Asians
- Masseuse Claimed She Paid Over $50K to Take a Long Leave
- Spotify is the Next Tech Firm to Lay Off Its Workers as 600 People Will Be Axed
Featured Image: 8world News
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore