Oh shucks, another NUS scandal?
Who would have thought?
Chen Chunhua, a visiting professor at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is under scrutiny for purportedly fabricating links with Huawei and for holding a fake degree from an unrecognised university in Ireland.
Peking University has more work cut out for them though, because Ms Chen is the Dean of their BiMBA Business School and a National School of Development professor.
Ms Chen has also allegedly claimed to be a military adviser for Huawei, but this was quickly refuted by the tech company itself.
After these allegations came to light, NUS Business School has removed her profile from their website.
Therefore, it’s likely that these are facts rather than rumours.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Credentials from an Unrecognised University in Ireland
Since there are private investigators lurking in every corner of the internet, the Chinese netizens have taken it upon themselves to find out her academic achievements after she gained the wrong attention due to her falsifying links with Huawei.
Although the information has since been removed, public information listed on Newhuadu Business School’s website shows that her educational history are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from the Department of Radio of South China University of Technology – 1986
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration from NUS School of Business Administration – 2000
- Doctorate in Business Administration from the European University of Ireland – 2001
- Post-Doctorate in Corporate Management from Nanjing University Business School – 2005
The European University of Ireland isn’t considered a legitimate university by the Higher Education Authority of Ireland.
According to a 2011 report by the Irish Times, it has no official campus or office, despite stating that its address is in Dublin city centre, and it was once a subject of investigation by Irish authorities.
The rest of her credentials may not be fake, but NUS might want to start using something like Turnitin to vet resumes like how it checks essays for plagiarism.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Proclamations as Huawei’s Military Advisor Refuted
The real burn to Ms Chen’s credibility is the loud and firm statement made by Huawei.
The Chinese tech company wrote, “Huawei has nothing to do with Professor Chen Chunhua, Huawei does not know her, and it is impossible for her to know Huawei.”
The last bit is quite the kicker, especially since Ms Chen has reportedly written numerous articles about Huawei, with one of them stating that she had met Ren Zhengfei—the founder and CEO—in 2017.
In her own words, he had apparently insisted on personally driving her.
However, Ms Chen denies writing those articles.
Profile Removed from NUS Website
In a move that’s commonly seen on Instagram when friends have feuds, Ms Chen’s profile has been removed from the NUS website.
She used to be listed as a NUS Executive MBA alumnus, and an adjunct professor at NUS Business School, which means that she was hired on a contractual or part-time basis.
Upon receiving inquiries from the media, an NUS Business School spokesperson stated that the university holds their faculty “to the highest standards”. As such, they’re conducting a review of the adjunct faculty member’s credentials.
Ms Chen has been pulled out from teaching any modules while the review is ongoing.
Yeah, she can probably kiss her academic job goodbye.
Regardless of whether the allegations prove to be true or not, the open stain on her record won’t be tolerated so easily, to say nothing of broken trust.
It might prove to be a slight detriment to those who have taken her classes… Let’s just hope that there won’t be any far-reaching consequences for the faculty.
We don’t need a repeat of what happened to the Department of Communications and New Media, thanks.
- ICA Explains How the $32 Million Missing Couple Managed to Flee S’pore Without Passports
- Everything About the Tesla Car Crash That Singer Jimmy Lin Was Involved In
- Yishun Innova JC Student Enacts Terrorist Acts in Arab Costume During Racial Harmony Day
- Jeff Ng Posted IG Stories That Seem to Contain a Cryptic Message About the Saga
Featured Image: South China Morning Post & Google Maps
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee