Why catch flights to visit Disneyland when you can go by road to one?
A Disneyland theme park and Disney City, stated to be the biggest theme park in Southeast Asia will be built on 80.9ha of land in Jasin, here, by the year 2027.
According to Melaka Hari Ini, the expected cost is about RM2 billion.
State Heritage and Culture Committee chairman Datuk Muhammad Jailani Khamis said “After more than 20 years, we will have our very own new theme park and even though it might not be so large I feel that it will be more than enough to live up to the Disneyland name which is an achievement and feat in itself to be brought to our shores.”
“The theme park will improve and further add to our goal to achieve the target of 20 million tourists in a span of just three years and return to the original landmark of 18.7 million tourists that we manage to attract back in 2019,” he added.
A Maglev Rail System Too
Yes, not only is Melaka building a Disneyland, they will be having a 22km-long “Maglev” transportation system which will connect Melaka’s tourist hotspots.
While Jailani was speaking to reporters after witnessing the signing of memoranda of understanding for the development of the transportation system, he said the investment value for the Maglev line was estimated at US$200 million (about RM900 million).
For those who don’t know, a “Maglev” transportation system involved trains operating on an electromagnetic system.
I wonder if they have been inspired by all the incredible technologies featured in Wakanda Forever.
Anyways, here is Jailani talking to the media about the two news that just came about with no warning:
What’s Wrong with this Whole Disneyland Spiel?
If you have viewed the video above, and you were observant enough, you would have realised there are some things wrong with it.
Firstly, during the official announcement, there were no Disney representatives among the bunch of ministers who were there.
This is rather weird for a state like Melaka which is announcing Southeast Asia’s very first Disneyland and none of the Disney representatives are there?
Oh, and let’s not forget that Mickey Mouse wasn’t present either, and from the past openings Mickey, and even Minnie are always present when there is a major Disneyland announcement.
Secondly, why is there a minion instead of mickey mouse? For those who are unaware, the Minions IP is owned by Illumination Entertainment, which in turn is co-owned by Universal Pictures. None of which are a part of, nor even fall under Disney.
I am starting to think this whole issue is an early April Fools prank.
If you had even sharper eyesight, you would realise that the Disneyland castle, which was supposed to be of a European architecture, looks more like The Sultan’s Palace from Aladdin.
Even if we consider that the person who made this video might have done it with one hour of sleep, the fact that Disney has not made any announcements regarding this makes this whole issue weird.
- Everything About Mastodon, The Platform People Are Going to After Abandoning Twitter
- Man Arrested After Killing Missing Woman In a Beach Road Shop
- Temasek Responds to FTX’s Collapse & Explains Why They Invested in It
- Genesis Trading, A Crypto Firm With an Office in S’pore, is Now Facing a Financial Crisis As Well
- Disneyland to be Allegedly Built in Melaka by 2027, Which Means a Disneyland is Now 3 Hours’ Away
Featured Image: d23.com
Worker’s Party just agree with PAP on something, but there’s another reason why they did that. Watch this to the end and you’ll understand:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant