It’s May. And a very specific group of people know what that means.
It’s durian season.
But if you were even smarter, and say, downloaded our Goody Feed app and read our previous teaser, you will know that the best durians are to be found in June this year.
No need plan your usual durian session, cause we already got one planned for you. It’s also 2019, so who wants to eat durian the normal way right?
Durian Buffet from 3 June to 31 July 2019!
Here’s a fact: During durian season in the past, as recorded in 1848, the Jakuns of Malaysia ate nothing but durians for 6 weeks to 2 months straight.
And if your desire is to go back to durian savagery and eat everything durian, Marriott Cafe has that plan covered with a Durian Buffet. They call it High Tea, but we all know that just means brunch+dinner at 3 pm right?
Don’t need to think so much about what kind of durian to choose! They already did the job for you, selecting Mao Shan Wang at its peak quality from 3 June to 31 July 2019.
There’s good stuff for Durian haters too
Durian haters – don’t go away yet! Don’t need to feel left out if your durian loving friends drag you here. Cause they have other local and international delights!
So while your friend is turning his blood and sweat durian flavoured you can indulge on things like seafood on ice, Nasi Lemak with Crispy Chicken Wings, Laksa, Oyster Omelette, Hokkien Mee, Bak Kut Teh, Siew Mai, Baked Char Siew Sou, scones with fresh cream and jam, finger sandwiches, and more.
But durian lovers know whats the correct choice right?
How to eat durian for a full meal
If you’re wondering how you can eat durian the 2019 way, here’s how.
We start with a Durian Roti John, a perfect appetiser as a sandwich. Just enough durian for you to crave for more later.
Then to ease you more into Durian flavours, we got the Durian Coconut Custard. Wrapped with a thin layer of crepe then finished with crispy, caramelised shredded coconut.
We don’t have pictures for these, but you can look out for Baked Durian Strudel, Durian Crumble, Durian Pizza, Durian Crepes made to order, before you finally go for actual desserts.
Like this Durian Red Bean Pudding that uses Japanese adzuki beans and durian purée, supposed to be the star durian dessert this year.
In their words, the ingredients used imparts “a perfect marriage of earthy, distinct yet harmonious Eastern flavours.”.
Durian cake, made atas by calling this Durian Gateau, but not just atas in name, cause there are layers of smooth durian mousse paired with pillowy spongy cake.
Good things come in small packages, like these Durian Tarts. How to eat when it looks so good? Remember it’s a buffet, so take as many as you want!
(Though, please portion yourself responsibly to prevent food waste)
How can you finish without a drink? It’s High Tea. For just $5++ each, enjoy a Durian Pandan Smoothie or Durian Banana Smoothie. Start with durian, end with durian.
- Address: Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel, 320 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238865
- F&B Reservations: (65) 683146053
- When: June to 31 July 2019, from 3 pm to 5.30 pm
- Monday to Friday: Adult: $45++ per person / $48++ per person
- Saturday and Sunday: Child (5 to 12 years old): $27++ per child / $30++ per child
To durian haters: I know one of your friends will drag you here. Even if you don’t like durian maybe just try lah.
Marriott Cafe is really upping their effort here leh.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill