A drunk man accidentally fell into Little Guilin Lake but was rescued by passers-by.
Here’s what happened.
Fell Into Little Guilin Lake While Drunk
At about 9 pm on 30 January, a drunk 30-year-old man was in Bukit Batok Town Park when he fell into Little Guilin Lake. The park is structured so one can walk along the banks of the lake, which was probably how the man accidentally fell in.
According to NParks’ website, the park is lit from 7 pm to 7 am.
But when you’re drunk, I guess no amount of lighting can help.
Thankfully, some passers-by spotted the man and quickly rescued him. Witnesses said the man reeked of alcohol and suffered several bruises on his body, but he was generally unharmed.
Many police cars and ambulances arrived at the scene soon after and conveyed the man to the hospital. The Singapore Police Force has not yet commented on this incident.
What’s Little Guilin?
For those who may not have been to Little Guilin before, it is a town park in Bukit Batok.
Many locals call it Little Guilin, or Xiao Guilin in Chinese because it resembles the granite rock formations in Guilin, China. Created from an unused granite quarry, it features towering rock cliffs that overlook a tranquil lake.
Here’s a picture of Guilin, China:
And here’s a picture of Little Guilin:
The area is especially popular with photography enthusiasts and couples looking to take wedding pictures.
- Ceiling of Serangoon HDB Flat Looks Like a Cave Due to Kitchen’s Water Leakage
- Lai Heng Mushroom Minced Meat Noodle Not Selling Brand for $500K After 10 People Contacted Them
- Only 1 Winner Won the $7.2 Million TOTO on 30 Jan & The Huat Outlet is at Punggol
- Teen Caught on Camera Climbing into Dryer at a Whampoa Self-Service Laundry & Spoiling It
- S’poreans Got Into Alleged “Private-Hire Car” in Penang But Was Detained By the Police Instead
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News, NParks
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake