On August 17, at around 6.34 pm, there was an alleged hit-and-run incident outside a McDonald’s branch along Jalan Bukit Merah towards Queensway.
A 78-year-old pedestrian was struck by a Power-Assisted Bicycle (PAB) and attained severe head injuries; the PAB rider left the scene before the Police arrived.
Below are pictures of the alleged PAB rider, and the e-bike that he was apparently on.
On August 19, while hospitalized, the victim died.
The Police have urged those that have any information on the incident to come forward.
According to Stomp, for the offence of hit-and-run under Section 84 of the Road Traffic Act, Chapter 276, motorists upon conviction shall be liable to a fine not exceeding $3,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months, or to both.
In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to both.
For those with information regarding this matter, you can either call the Police hotline at 1800-255-0000 or provide your information via the I-Witness Portal.
You can also make a report at any Neighbourhood Police Centre or Neighbourhood Police Post. All information will be kept tightly confidential.
C’mon Singaporeans, let’s dish up justice for the victim by spreading the word!
If more people are aware of it, there will be a higher chance of people stepping out with information!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Read other unrelated but equally interesting articles here:
- Everything About the New Parking App That’s Set to Make Parking Coupons Obsolete
- New Scam: They Impersonate Government Officials & Knock On Your Door
Feature Image: stomp.straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games