Veteran presenter and radio host Eugene Loh has just passed away.
At only 47 years old, many online have expressed their condolences at his tender passing with tributary posts and RIP messages. There are also some who are in disbelief of the news.
Mediacorp has issued a statement confirming his death on Saturday (19 November), saying that they were “deeply saddened”.
“We will miss Eugene deeply. This is a heartbreaking loss for Eugene’s family, friends and his colleagues within the Mediacorp family,” announced Mediacorp. “We offer our deepest condolences and will do all we can to support his family and our staff who are grieving.”
More About Eugene
According to his bio on Mediacorp’s website, Eugene began working at Mediacorp’s radio division as a fresh graduate from Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
He has a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
Eugene has worked in Mediacorp for over 24 years and Mediacorp has said that he was “beloved by all who knew and worked with him.
“Eugene’s deep and expressive voice made him a natural storyteller,” Mediacorp added.
Throughout his career, he hosted almost every programme on 93.8FM frequency, including the morning and evening drive-times.
Most recently, he was the anchor of CNA938’s late-night show Night Life.
From 1998 to 2019, he wrote and presented CNA938’s A Slice of Life segment. The programme featured an insight into the lives of various people, such as the physically disable and the retrenched in the COVID-19 period.
Also, he was a creative director for CNA938 and was responsible for the sound of the station.
If you’ve ever noticed, he provided commentaries for a few of the past National Day Parades.
Last but not least, he had voiced award-winning documentaries for CNA as a voice actor.
Rest in peace, Eugene.
- Lawrence Wong Spoke About FTX Collapse & Crypto Investing in Singapore
- Kim Jong Un Suddenly Revealed His Daughter Publicly & Here’s Why It’s a Big Issue
- Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced to 11 Years’ Prison for Her Theranos Scam
- PMA Rider Sped in Woodlands & Got Into Heated Exchange with Biker
- S’pore Influencer, Denise Soong, Responds After Being Accused of Copying Another Influencer’s Business Idea
Featured Image: Mediacorp
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore