Although primary and secondary schools carry out fire drills every year, it’s extremely rare for a fire to actually break out.
It’s even harder to imagine that there might be bombs going off at an institution meant for nurturing and learning.
The Time and Place
On 21 July, at around 7:40am in the morning, the police were alerted to an alleged bomb threat at 11 Woodlands Street 83.
The police responded swiftly, arriving at Evergreen Secondary School to do a thorough sweep of the school premises.
Meanwhile, the school staff and students remained calm and followed the evacuation protocol accordingly.
All of the students that were already present in school were fully accounted for, and they were asked to return home out of precaution.
Parents were also informed via the Parents Gateway app to not send their children to school.
The Police Investigation
Fortunately, the police later declared that it was a false threat.
No threat items were found during the security checks.
The police stated that they will be looking into this case under the United Nations (Anti Terrorism Measures) Regulations 2001.
A male teenager is assisting them in their efforts.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Education Minister Chan Chun Sing’s Response
In response to the false bomb threat at Evergreen Secondary School, Minister for Education Chan Chun Sing wrote in a post on Facebook, “The police take all security threats seriously, and will investigate persons who intentionally cause public alarm.
Afterwards, he thanked the police for their swift response.
“Teachers are checking in with students on their well-being, and school counsellors are on standby to assist any student if required,” he adds.
He also said that the safety of the students and staff are of paramount importance. As such, the Ministry of Education (MOE) will not condone any threat or action that may endanger the schools.
The MOE has pledged to “take necessary action against anyone who causes public alarm”.
- Everything About the Heatwave All Over the World & Whether S’pore is Affected Or Not
- Jurong Point is Having a 60-Min Durian Buffet from $38 Per Pax Until 21 Aug
- Subway Gives Woman A$2,664 After Viral Story Of Her Being Fined for Half-Eaten Subway Sandwich
- Hwa Chong Suspends Staff Member Who Gave Anti-LGBTQ Presentation to Sec 4 Students
Featured Image: Google Maps
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue